Looking for a stove.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gtobill

Jan 14, 2011
Oatmeal,TX
New here. Been reading for a while and we decided to get a pellet stove. We are building a home inside of a 40x60 metal building. The building had R10 installed when built. We are going to build rooms into it. Right now we need some heat! Unfortunately most of the stores have sold their stoves and cannot order more(TSC, Southerlands etc). The only place locally I have found locally has two St Croix model and a really basic Whitfield. One of the St Croix pellet stoves is ten years old, but they still want $2K for it. How does everybody feel about ordering a pellet stove online? I am pretty handy and will install it myself. I have found some Breckwell remanufactured stoves on Ebay(Big E) and they look interesting. I like that they can hold a lot of pellets. Any problems with these? We do not heat as often as some on this forum but we need something dependable as this will be our only source for a while. Typical Wintertime temps can be as cold as 20 degrees with highes in the 50's.

Bill

Try snooping on Craigs list.

Many times you can score a great deal there. Two of my stoves were purchased from ads on Craigs list.

Snowy

Hello

A stove that does not need cleaning out every day is very high on my list! It has a 58 bag record with no cleaning!

That is where the Englander Mult-Fuel is the best stove for the money!! Also burns any type of BioMass Fuel!!

http://www.englandsstoveworks.com/10-cpm.html

The Enviro Omega is Multi-Fuel and has a big hopper. Maybe the best of both worlds! However more costly!

http://www.southernhearth.com/enviro-omega-free-standing-pellet-stove-chattanooga.html'

Those are my best pics. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.