Looking for a thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iskiatomic

Minister of Fire
Nov 15, 2008
Central CT
I have been in the process of getting some warm air upstairs in my home. My tin knocker BIL made me some duct work that includes a filter rack, a mount for an axial fan, and then it all goes into a floor register.

Now my question is, I would like to put a thermostat on this unit that will shut the fan down when the temp goes below the desired setting. So basically a themostat that works in the opposite way. Is there such an item?

This setup really moves the heat, I wish I did something like this sooner.

I hope I am explaining this correctly.

KC

Use the AC side of t-stat.

Maybe an attic fan thermostat would work for you.

Sounds like you need a barn fan thermostat. The farm stores around here have several different models. Most not only work for cooling, but will control heaters too.

Status
Not open for further replies.