looking for advise before I purchace a new oil furnace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnnyboy

Nov 22, 2008
cape breton
well I need some help with this. Its time for a new boiler and what im looking at is a cold start system from new york boiler.
Im looking at getting the odessy. Its 89% eff and Im thinking of getting the indirect DHW heater as well.
Our house is about 2200 plus the garage which I dont plan on heating any ways. ( base board hot water )

I have and older dettson right now and it drinks oil.

any one have any sugestions or experience with the odessy from new york boilers ?

thanks

This is a wood heat forum and website, so you might not get much in the way of replies, even though we do have some members here who know fossil fuel appliances. For expert advice on oil boilers, I'd also visit http://www.heatinghelp.com. It's a website frequented by pros who really know this stuff inside and out. I'm sure they'll be happy to help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.