Looking for an NGLP Conversion Kit #5093 for Vermont Castings Radiance 2600 HELP!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KarlFF

Nov 2, 2010
Michigan
I recently inherited a Vermont Castings ("V.C.") Radiance Model 2600. I really want to use this stove as I've admired it for years, but cannot track down a conversion kit #5093 for the stove. I have gotten the full story from my local V.C. retailer and several online sources. V.C. has been sold/purchased several times in the past decade and the newest owner is no longer supplying the parts for the Model 2600 stoves. The stove was manufactured, I believe, by CFM and the gas fittings/orifices were supplied by Honeywell (I understand that Honeywell no longer makes these parts).

Does anyone have this kit or have any ideas as to where I might find it. I'd be willing to pay for used parts to convert this stove. Bringing natural gas to my house is not an option for me.

Thanks Very Much, Karl

Try contacting Monessen...Either a dealer or online, or PM Dave Gault (Wood Heat Stoves) in this forum...
Should be about $100 if you can get it...
HTH

I wouldnt trust that the part numbers stayed the same with all the crap VC has gone thru. Call little Eddie Drexel at the Cozy Cabin and have him determine the proper kit for you

i have a radiance 2600 in n/g. i wonder if we can swith parts as i want to chang to propane.

let me know by p/m

thanks

bob

i have spent quite a bit of time trying to find the lp conversion for this stove as i just purchased one in mint condition. there is nothing available now i am at the point of contacting my furnace guy to see if this can be adapted some way.

anyone done this?

thanks

bob

k0wtz said:
i have spent quite a bit of time trying to find the lp conversion for this stove as i just purchased one in mint condition. there is nothing available now i am at the point of contacting my furnace guy to see if this can be adapted some way.

anyone done this?

thanks

bob

I'm thinking that the only way you may be able to do this is to change out the entire gas valve. It's gonna cost ya, but you should be able to get plenty of parts...Somebody at Monessen/Majestic/VC Tech should be able to tell you what's compatible with what you have in there now...

ok

i did a search of propane gas valves. i see some that should work. is my stove a millivolt system? would anyone have some suggestion?

any help greatly appreciated

thanks

bob

I recently inherited a Vermont Castings ("V.C.") Radiance Model 2600. I really want to use this stove as I've admired it for years, but cannot track down a conversion kit #5093 for the stove. I have gotten the full story from my local V.C. retailer and several online sources. V.C. has been sold/purchased several times in the past decade and the newest owner is no longer supplying the parts for the Model 2600 stoves. The stove was manufactured, I believe, by CFM and the gas fittings/orifices were supplied by Honeywell (I understand that Honeywell no longer makes these parts).

Does anyone have this kit or have any ideas as to where I might find it. I'd be willing to pay for used parts to convert this stove. Bringing natural gas to my house is not an option for me.

Thanks Very Much, Karl

Hello Karl,
I have also been looking for the #5093 kit. What did you come up with? I realize this posting is over 3 years old, if you can help me in with this I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you very much, Wilbur1

Hey Wilber1, just wondering if you had any luck with NG to LP conversion? I have a radiance and the manual says the conversion kit is part #5080. I can't seem to find one.
Bdburl

Hey Wilber1, just wondering if you had any luck with NG to LP conversion? I have a radiance and the manual says the conversion kit is part #5080. I can't seem to find one.
Bdburl
Hello Bdburl,
I haven't had any response to this post yet. I think I may have to come up with the individual parts myself. a regulator from eBay, a pilot orifice from I don't know where yet, and the main burner orifice from a website of a business located in England (I got the burner orifice # off a spec sheet I found for my stove at woodmanspartsplus.com).
My stove is in great shape and I'm going to get it going one way or another.
Let me know how you do. Thanks, Wilbur1

Bdburl
Hey Bdburl,
I have a Radiance stove with LP and need the NG fittings... Any possibility to switch our fittings?
Ben

Thanks Very Much, Karl
call me, i have a customers stove wonderfire 2570 we are trying to convert from lp to natural-we could swap the parts and help each other. we are in Sandusky,ohio 800-303-4205 ext 107 todd hope to hear from you.

Own a Radiance 2600 Stove with an LP gas valve, looking for Natural Gas valve. 0005092 part number conversion. Anyone wish an exchange or know of a parts conversion kit. The stove is in great condition. Thank you for any insight. [email protected]

Hello, I have a Vermont Castings Radiance model 2600 with LP conversion kit installed. I have recently upgraded my heating system and no longer need the stove, although it works and looks great. Can anybody tell me what a fair selling price would be for this stove?

Status
Not open for further replies.