Looking for Info. on Quadrafire 7100FP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy S

Feb 14, 2006
GEORGIA
Hi,

I am inquiring for my folks. They are looking at doing new construction in N. Ga. later this year. The house they are planning is a 1 story 2700 Sq. Ft. open concept floorplan. They like the looks of the Quadrafire 7100 FP. I have been looking at the Woodstock Fireview for myself, but they do not like the stove idea. Can yall give any input/experience with the 7100FP?

Thanks in advance for your help. This is a great site and have gotten lots of good info. off of it.

SG,

Check out my review in the review forum on this site, https://www.hearth.com/ratings/art.php?id=1727. I also have pictures posted in the picture forum section.

Bottom line, we are very happy. I have a friend who installed one at the same time and we would both purchase them again if we had to do it over. If you have specific questions post em and i'll try and answer. THere is another website that has a large thread about it, not sure if the owner of this site wants me to mention it. but if you google it you will find it. there are some people who posted that are not happy, but it seems that most of them have an older model and that Quad has addressed the problems with the newer model.

For your parents setup, it will heat the whole house, we have a 2700 sqft center hall (not ideal setup) and it heats the whole house, all we have is a small fan to push the air. One far bedroom upstairs gets cold (door closed) when its 0-20 degrees and i just program the heat to cycle on between 5-7am so my 2 year is not cold. Overnight burn, real world: i load it at 10pm and come down at 6:30am and it has large red hot coals and the surface temp is 200 degrees, i load kindling and half a load, come back in 20 mins and the surface temp is 600 degrees and the house is warm. Quad claims 16 burn time, i'd like to see that test.

SCFA

Thanks for the reply. They are in the beginning stages of putting things together; I appreciate your offer to answer questions. I will write back once I hear what decision they have made. I checked out your post in pictures - great looking installation. I am glad this unit has worked out for you and your family.

talk w/ you later.

SG

Status
Not open for further replies.