looking for Iron Jotul castine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bird

Dec 4, 2007
SW Wisconsin
I was already to buy the Jotul Castine in that nice iron (gray) finish only to find out it's discontinued. Drat!

Any dealers out there who have one that you'll ship to me? Contact my private email: [email protected]

Odd that they would do that, all it is is spray paint. I just ordered an iron colored extended surround for my Kennebec. I am hoping the extra cast iron surface area will distribute more heat into the room.

By the way, I second the idea of calling the Preston Trading Post. They are my absolute favorite stove store in the area... lots of stock, good staff, and a comfortable environment.

-- Mike

Thanks for the ideas. What do you think about painting a black stove? Especially having it done by an auto body shop. I have access to that service.

I would imagine that if you strip off the glass and all the little accessory bits, that repainting a stove any color you want is fairly simple. I read about people refurbishing old wood and coal stoves all the time, and they always hit them with a new coat of paint. Perhaps you can get a used Castine and repaint it, but I would start calling every dealer under the sun first to see if anyone has an iron colored one in stock.

-- Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.