looking for location and general advice for 30-nc ,Englander. pic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mayor mcheese

Nov 24, 2008
southern ohio
I have a double wide and looking to install a englander 30-nc . The wife likes the house in low 70's , I like it any temp as long as it's free. So I have to be carefull not to cook her to much. I have a few questions and I plan to install over this summer. I have no building codes or inspections to endure, Insurance company said fine to install myself and could be treated as standard home install since it is on a foundation. Saftey is my number 1 priority. I will use O.A.K. on stove. Stove Pipe will be through roof. So what ever the Consensus on this forum is to my question I will do it. My 2 potential locations for the stove are marked on my drawing and one is where the FMI fireplace is now. Ceilings are vaulted in living area only, about 10' high. Other rooms are about 7.5'. Ceiling fan in bedrooms and in room with fireplace. House is 1792 square feet. manufactured in 1994 with decent insulation.

If installed in corner (where fireplace is) will it heat the back bedrooms.

House has a LP furnace with return air vents (not ducts) and the large return air vent is located in room with fireplace. So the furnace fan could be used to distribute heat if needed.

The drawing isn't that great and the black triangles represent door openings and we spend most our time in the living area furthest from the fireplace.
25rmvck.jpg

Thank you Brother Bart. I actually have the manual dowloaded and saved on my desktop. I guess I really want opinions on location, and Does the stove have a U.L. tag on it. The insurance guy said twice all they require is a U.L. tag. Any other info or advice would be a bonus.

The tag certifying that it was tested to UL standards by Warnock Hersey Labs is attached to the back of the stoves. The reason I referenced the manual is because the Warnock Hersey seal and listing is in the manual also.

Put the stove where you put yourselves. Rick

Thanks for the info guys. I was hoping to tear out that FMI fireplace and put it there, mainly because it's 4 feet from the back door where the wood pile is. But I'm sure the more central the location, the better the heat ditribution will be. I do have a very very open floor plan going for me though, no halls whatsoever. I think that Englander will do a good job for us too. I have been enjoying this site, every morning and evening I try to read through as much as possible, probaly read 100's of threads and 1000's of posts over the past few weeks. For the first time since I have lived here I have actually got some heat out of that old FMI from info I gathered here.

Status
Not open for further replies.