Looking for pellets in Rhode Island...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JBiBBs5

Sep 8, 2011
Rhode Island
I'm lookin for some advice from my fellow Rhode Islanders out there. I've just purchased my first pellet stove and now I'm looking for a great deal on some quality pellets.

Lowes and Home Depot have some great deals but they might be low quality and we just got a lot of rain last week so they could be damaged.

Local stove dealers sell premium pellets for $270ish plus shipping (about $50).

Let me know what youall think.

smwilliamson said:
Put your stove in your sig so we can make a better recommendation. Green teams from lowest aren't a bad pellet.

I purchased a cast iron Enviro M55 that is being installed this upcoming Sunday. I had actually emailed you last week to see if you sold Enviro's and to see if what I was paying for stove/installation was reasonable, but I never heard back.

Your Enviro will munch up just about any pellet, you really can't beat the deals that HD & Lowe's is offering, average to better than average pellets.
Stay away from Inferno's which seen to plague the entire South coast! Somersets, Okies, Spruce pointe's, LG's, NEWP's, are all local to the area.

P.S. Welcome to the Hearth! I am just north, over the line.

JBiBBs5 said:
smwilliamson said:
Put your stove in your sig so we can make a better recommendation. Green teams from lowest aren't a bad pellet.

I purchased a cast iron Enviro M55 that is being installed this upcoming Sunday. I had actually emailed you last week to see if you sold Enviro's and to see if what I was paying for stove/installation was reasonable, but I never heard back.

Sorry. Working 80+ hrs a week right now so some inquiries go unattended to until all of my customers get attended to. Nothing personal. 419 customers served since may 4th and we are getting more than 100 inquiries a week...and we haven't even really got busy yet....*sigh*

Not sure what you paid for the stove but if you look at my price page on my website...that is a good mark for going rates on venting and labor.

smwilliamson said:
JBiBBs5 said:
smwilliamson said:

Sorry. Working 80+ hrs a week right now so some inquiries go unattended to until all of my customers get attended to. Nothing personal. 419 customers served since may 4th and we are getting more than 100 inquiries a week...and we haven't even really got busy yet....*sigh*

Not sure what you paid for the stove but if you look at my price page on my website...that is a good mark for going rates on venting and labor.

No problem. I think I got a pretty good deal.

Enviro M55 Stove $3,000
Installation, piping, and permit $850, additional $50 for OAK
44x44 slab of 1" solid granite for $300

Ive purchased 1 ton stove chow, 1 ton MWP both from home depot, and green supreme, green team from lowes...all 3.94 for a bag plus bring a senior citizens with you and you get 10% off.

Long Pond in CT has high quality pellets and last year he said he would deliver out here (West Warwick).

Which Lowes has Green Team? I burned Green Team my first winter and I liked them better than the Somersets that I got last year. I am considering going with Stove Chow and Maine Wood Pellets from Home Depot in North Kingstown.

RI_P43 said:
Long Pond in CT has high quality pellets and last year he said he would deliver out here (West Warwick).

Which Lowes has Green Team? I burned Green Team my first winter and I liked them better than the Somersets that I got last year. I am considering going with Stove Chow and Maine Wood Pellets from Home Depot in North Kingstown.

Does the Home Depot in NK deliver pellets or would I have to pick them up?

They deliver for a flat rate of (I believe) $65. Stopped in today and they said they have Main Wood Pellets and the other brand was in a clear bag with green label (forget name). They didn't have Stove Chow.

RI_P43 said:

I called the HD in NK and they are only carrying Premium Wood Pellets. The woman verified that that is actually the brand name.

The Lowes in Warwick is carrying Main Choice, Nature's Own Fuel, and North American.

Are you familiar with any of these?

Status
Not open for further replies.