Looking for Project stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harman Lover 007

Minister of Fire
It is a Jamestown J1000 Stove, also previously called the "Baby Bear." Years ago they even shipped a Teddy Bear with the stoves.

It is definitely not their current J1000, I would guess it falls in the 1998 to 2008 era.

Link to owner's manuals. http://www.jamestownpelletstoves.ca/article/jamestown-pellet-stove-manuals-234.asp

Approx 38,000 BTU, 37 lbs hopper capacity. It may be an auto light depending on age.

The nice thing is parts are still available for the older stove from Jamestown. They are fairly simple to work on as well.

Nice small stove, throws lots of heat.

Harman Lover 007 said:

That 25PDVC should be very easy to get running....I'm guessing that there's nothing wrong w/ the auger motor....just a plugged-up vacuum hose or just needs a REAL deep cleaning. PLUS, you'll have plenty of tech help for it on this forum, and with Englander.

IMO, offer the guy $250.....cash.

Harman Lover 007 said:
smwilliamson said:
Harman Lover 007 said:
Go with the Jamestown

Thanks, Scott. What, in your experience are some of the known issues with them? I am presently emailing with the guy. He doesn't know the year or model. Can you tell from the pictures?

Have him read off the name plate to find the model year. Jamestown disappeared from the marketplace for a number of years, only to return some time later. They are great machines. This stove is the smallest BTU stove on the market but still has a good output range. Clever design, very quiet, great flame pattern and solid construction. A winner in my book. I have an old Jamestown insert that a customer left in my shop years ago that needs a new control panel and glass...perhaps I'll get it up and running soon too!

All parts are still supported whether its old or new.

smwilliamson said:
Harman Lover 007 said:
smwilliamson said:
Harman Lover 007 said:
Go with the Jamestown

Thanks, Scott. What, in your experience are some of the known issues with them? I am presently emailing with the guy. He doesn't know the year or model. Can you tell from the pictures?

Have him read off the name plate to find the model year. Jamestown disappeared from the marketplace for a number of years, only to return some time later. They are great machines. This stove is the smallest BTU stove on the market but still has a good output range. Clever design, very quiet, great flame pattern and solid construction. A winner in my book. I have an old Jamestown insert that a customer left in my shop years ago that needs a new control panel and glass...perhaps I'll get it up and running soon too!

All parts are still supported whether its old or new.

Thanks Scott. He says he can't find the plate on it. It is a gel start so it must be a 1994 or earlier. The models from 1998 and up were auto ignition according to the Jamestown site. I doubt it's worth $600 being nearly 20 years old. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.