looking to build my stash for next winter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lvsb

Feb 19, 2012
Northampton, PA
found some cheat river pellets @ Lowes for $3.94/bag. Are these worth buying or are there better deals to be found?

I probably wont be buy till june or so ...

Depends what your other options are. I've used Cheat River before, and they're ok. Just ok. Nothing special, but an ok shoulder pellet. Not what you want in the stove when it's 5 degrees out, but ok for the rest of the time.

I've found Cheat River to be decent heat with moderate ash, but certainly nothing better than a shoulder pellet as has already been mentioned.

Maybe it's me, but I used Stove Chow, Green Supremes, Prestos, and Cheat Rivers this season, and the worst by far were the Cheat RIvers.... the best were the Prestos, CR's gave me little heat, a LOT of ash, and more fines thatn any of the others,,,,, just my $.02

John

Starting to rebuild stash for next year. I usually have 3 to 4 tons on hand, to start the burn season. I will have 1 ton left from this year to carry over. If I need any more, I will buy bags, here & there to get thru burn season. I will have a mix ton of Hamer's & Somerset's, to carry over for next year. I would like to get 1 ton of Turman & 1 ton of the Wood Pellet Co. pellets for next year, which I will get here the 1st of April, at a pellet dealer who will run his spring sale, the 1st of April. The other ton, or maybe ton's, will be something else. Well, I got 1 of my other ton yesterday. I couldn't turn down the price. It was a ton of Lignetics (Green Labels), for $162.50. I'm guessing now, I will probally have 4 to 5 ton's for next year.

I have a ton and a half carry over ..which is nice seeing I will only by two tons by winter and maybe one more in late winter..

Status
Not open for further replies.