Looking to buy Uncle jeds,lignetics or somerset pellets (michigan-N.Ohio)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coobie

Jan 20, 2010
southern michigan
Looking for information to buy Uncle jeds,lignetics or somerset pellets in southern michigan or Northern Ind. or Ohio.Looking to buy 3-5 ton.Thanks for any information,coobie.

coobie said:
Looking for information to buy Uncle jeds,lignetics or somerset pellets in southern michigan or Northern Ind. or Ohio.Looking to buy 3-5 ton.Thanks for any information,coobie.

Have burned Ligs (2 kinds/ Green Labels and Presto-Logs) Some dont like the Presto's. But I have found them to be very similar in testing (Presto's are darker than Green labels). I have not burned the "Blue Label" Ligs. But from my understanding. They are not the worst.

Somersets are the Best Bang for the Buck. IMHO. They can be had at Menard's for $175 during the right time of the year. I burned 2 ton last year. Best Pellet I have burned (For the money).

Uncle Jeds are pretty good also (Never tried, But read some threads on them).

If I were to buy them. I would put my money down on Somersets. Great Heat, Low Ash, and can be had for cheap.

Attachments

• Basement stash.jpg
    Basement stash.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 474
  • Somersets.jpg
    Somersets.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 469
  • Beautiful.jpg
    Beautiful.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 512
I have had a pellet stove since 1996. Over the years I have used some good and some bad pellets. Last year I end up getting 8 tons of somersets. I used 4 and my friend got the other 4.
We used his big truck and his trailer to get them all. They were the best pellets that I have used. I got them for 177 a ton with the 10% Lowes discount. Later in the
season I got a 2nd load of somersets (8 tons). I am only short about 1 ton to cover the11-12 season.

This year somerstes are not available in NY were I am. I have available green supreme, North American Pellets and stove chow. Last year stove chow was doing well by most users.

In the same year it is possible to have the same brand of pellets not be the same quality. If you can get a few bags and test them before you buy a bunch it would be best.

If I could get somersets I would get them right away!! Anyone knows anything about the green supreme or the North American Pellets info would be great.

What is the price per ton in your area?

oliveone said:
.......Anyone knows anything about the green supreme or the North American Pellets info would be great.

Greene Team have gotten good reviews. North American Pellets are just re-bagged Curran Hard/Softwood mix.....just an average pellet, and probably a decent shoulder season pellet.
The Lowes in Newburgh has the North Americans for $197, plus you can get the 10% off movers coupon online, or possibly still in the post office movers packet. That would bring them down to $177......a good buy, IMO.

The Newburgh Home Depot has Stove Chow for $197 also.

Greeways LLC in Mt Pleasant Mi have Jed's and Somerset's plus many others. They deliver all over. Good folks to deal with. I have burned both and love them both but for the money difference I choose to go with the Somersets. They were just as hot as the Jed's in my stove.Also ash was about the same.

here is there website...http://www.pelletsandpits.com/

Just checked their website and Somerset's are not listed now.

imacman said:
oliveone said:
.......Anyone knows anything about the green supreme or the North American Pellets info would be great.

Greene Team have gotten good reviews. North American Pellets are just re-bagged Curran Hard/Softwood mix.....just an average pellet, and probably a decent shoulder season pellet.
The Lowes in Newburgh has the North Americans for $197, plus you can get the 10% off movers coupon online, or possibly still in the post office movers packet. That would bring them down to $177......a good buy, IMO.

The Newburgh Home Depot has Stove Chow for $197 also.

Snagged 2 ton of Green Supreme last summer. About the best I ever burned.

shisits said:
Greeways LLC in Mt Pleasant Mi have Jed's and Somerset's plus many others. They deliver all over. Good folks to deal with. I have burned both and love them both but for the money difference I choose to go with the Somersets. They were just as hot as the Jed's in my stove.Also ash was about the same.

here is there website...http://www.pelletsandpits.com/

Just checked their website and Somerset's are not listed now.
Just got off the phone with greenways,I bought 4 ton of uncle jeds last year for $230 a ton deilvered within 60 miles of my home,I met them and loaded my trailer.This year they want $238 ton pluis $25 per ton=$100 bucks.NOT ME,rip off IMHO.They told me they will not be getting any somsersets anytime soon.The search continues.coobie

Found 4 ton of the somerset pellets in ohio for $184 a ton,picking them up august 6th.I still had 3 tons of the uncle jeds and 1 ton of pro-pellets left from last year.Yahoo,I think I am set for awhile.coobie

Somersets best you can get in Northern Michigan...

Hank Hill said:
Somersets best you can get in Northern Michigan...
The uncle jeds were a great pellet from greenways in Mt.Pleasant Michigan last year for $230(I bought 4 ton) but this year $238 ton and $25 per ton delivery fee priced themselves out of my market.The somersets at this point($184) are a no brainer for me to purchase.SORRY GREENWAYS.coobie.

I
Just got off the phone with greenways,I bought 4 ton of uncle jeds last year for $230 a ton deilvered within 60 miles of my home,I met them and loaded my trailer.This year they want $238 ton pluis $25 per ton=$100 bucks.NOT ME,rip off IMHO.They told me they will not be getting any somsersets anytime soon.The search continues.coobie
if you need some again, smart energy in grant mi has them for 214/ton and it may be a little closser. Uncle Jed's for 250/ton 517-974-4074 http://visitsmartenergy.com/t/

Status
Not open for further replies.