Looking to purchase indoor wood burning furnace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

supsen

Mar 29, 2008
Stony Point NY
Hello everyone,

I am interested in purchasing an indoor wood burning furnace. I have been looking at a Greenwood 200 model. I have read on this forum that some users have experienced cracks in the ceramic refractory piece. I am not sure as to which product is the best.

I am definitely going to be purchasing a wood burning furnace, but I would like to know which is the best company to look into (eg. Greenwood, Seton, Ecco, Tarm). I am looking to heat a ~ 6000 sq foot home.

Thanks in advance.
Sean

Hi, I hear of issues with Greenwood on here, but almost anything may work.They just work in many ways. The best bet is to read as much as you can handle on here and search topics ETC.Then think on your situation and what might work best for you.

Sean A, I have a Seton 100 model and have no ceramic cracking issues. However, read up on some of the smoke issues if you intend to put it in your basement. Also read up chimneys/flues. This is my first year with the boiler. Many many things to consider first. One of the best things about the Seton type is not having to split wood. Read up. Seton designed this type of boiler, watch out for imitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.