Loose door handle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jukeboxfun

Jul 28, 2008
Ephrata, PA
I just had my Heathstone Craftsbury installed. It has a wood handle for the front door. The handle barely stays on. In the book it says you can tighten a small spring loaded ball bearing with a set screw. My wife tried to do this and I think she may have stripped the very small screw as I can't get it to tighten either. What's the deal with this knob? Thanks

On my Homestead I have a similar issue. My handle is loose, but I wouldn't say that it barely stays on. I just tried to mess with it and I'm not sure it has helped. Perhaps this is a common problem. It's late and I may work on it tomorrow.

I called the stove shop and they told me it is a fall away door handle as a safety feature. So I guess mine is okay as is.

I don't think that is what I have. The handle is loose and the spring has started to uncoil. If it is a fall away, then it is not working as such. Sounds like a bunch of hooey.

Status
Not open for further replies.