Lopi DVI 33 gas insert turns on itself

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gordy9

Nov 25, 2010
Southern PA
I recently purchased a Lopi 33 DVI gas insert for our fireplace, which is installed in our family room in the basement. This insert works great except for one major problem, the unit turns on itself. It has a hand held remote thermostat. We do not leave the unit on all the time, but on numerous occasions I have gone down in the basement and the unit is on, even though the remote thermostat shows that it is off.

I have had a service man here several times and each time he made several adjustments to the unit, but that didn't help. The last time was last friday, when he left he said to make sure that the remote is laying on a table and pointing at the fireplace.

To be honest I don't see why a remote had to be pointing to the fireplace when it was turned off. To make a long story short the fireplace has turned on 2 times since he was here on friday and each time the remote showed that it was off.

Does anyone have any suggestions to correct this problem?
Thanks,
Gordy

The only thing that will turn it on is a switch.
The remote thermostat is a switch.
I'd say the remote is faulty. Return it & try another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.