Lopi Endeavor cleaning?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WOODplay

Oct 12, 2010
Lower Micigan
First off I leave the front door of the stove closed.
I leave the bypass door open on the top of the stove for the creosol to drop down though.
Then got up on the roof and ran the chimney brush up and down a few times.
My question here is, does anyone remove the shelf that the bypass door is located on in the top of the stove to clean the creosol off? This is the creosol that did not drop though the square hole into the fire box. (Or) Do people just not worry about that little bit up around the hole?

woodplay, just reach up there and tip the bricks if you can and dump into firebox, I have done it that way. No reason to remove the whole baffle. Dave

WOODplay said:
Ok that sounds like a better idea. Thank you.
Next time you clean just remove the bricks from the baffle and let creosote land in firebox. How do you like your Endeavor? Dave.

Ok cool,

Yes We LOVE our Endeavor!!!
If I were to move into another house that would be the first thing I would do is put a Lopi Endeavor in.
My buddy has heated his house for about 4 years now with one so I thought with the tax credit and all the good reviews about Lopi I took the plunge.
I have not had any problems with it or even the customer service.
It seems to always start a fire the first time.
A lot of the time I use the tunnel idea that others have talked about on here and that works great.

BTW: That is One NICE looking wood shed!! That will be my next project
How about you... How do you like your Endeavor?

Thanks!

WOODplay said:
Ok cool,

Yes We LOVE our Endeavor!!!
If I were to move into another house that would be the first thing I would do is put a Lopi Endeavor in.
My buddy has heated his house for about 4 years now with one so I thought with the tax credit and all the good reviews about Lopi I took the plunge.
I have not had any problems with it or even the customer service.
It seems to always start a fire the first time.
A lot of the time I use the tunnel idea that others have talked about on here and that works great.

BTW: That is One NICE looking wood shed!! That will be my next project
How about you... How do you like your Endeavor?

Thanks!
We have had ours since 99 and it has served us well. I have had it -14 F outside and had it nice and toasty in the house. Its not a big house but we have Cathedral Ceilings and lots of Windows. Good job taking advantage of the tax credit. Good luck with the shed, it is nice to have. Be warm and safe. Dave.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 416
Looks nice!
I'm glad to see other's on here that have had good luck with Lopi as well.
The Wood shed...hmm yeah I have been thinking about how I can build something portable that I can slide on runners or maybe wheels. This way when winter comes around I can pull the whole pile closer to the house with my lawn tractor. Then during the summer months it can sit way out back to be loaded and seasoned. I still like your idea with the portable bricks.
Here is our new baby.

Attachments

• LOPI Endeaver 002.jpg
    LOPI Endeaver 002.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 409
[del][del][del][/del][del][/del][del][/del]BTW; Search this...

My Lopi Endeavor VIDEO!

It's a video I posted last night on this site.[/del][/del]

Anyone know how to delete a post such as this?

Status
Not open for further replies.