Lopi Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alphonso

Sep 25, 2010
Western New York
My wife and I went and looked at gas inserts and pellet inserts today and I am 99% sure we have narrowed it down to a Lopi / Avalon gas insert. Now my only question is whether it is worth the extra money for the Model 34 as opposed to the model 33. From what we learned they are the same with these exceptions: the 34 includes back lighting, a remote, and a different base. The 33 was roughly $3,400 installed whereas the 34 was about $4,000. My questions are: (1) are these prices reasonable and (2) am I missing anything that others can't live without if we buy the model 33? Thank you...

The quotes you are getting seem reasonable, but I can't say for sure without knowing every detail of your installation.

Have you seen them both burn? The flame is a little different. Maybe that's what you mean by "different base". The burner and logs are a different design.

Other than that, they're both 40,000 BTUs, so the 33DVI is a "plain vanilla" version and the 34DVL is a "bells-and-whistles" version. Both are great heaters.

You have to ask yourself, "will I be upset with myself later that I didn't go for the fulled loaded one when I'm already making this big investment?"

We decided we would get the 33. They included a free fan with the 33 so I just can't justify the cost difference for what basically amounts to a remote and slightly different flame. It gets installed in a couple weeks and we are very much looking forward to it. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.