Lopi Leyden - Convection Blower Not Turning On

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iwstamp

Dec 23, 2012
Well - was very proud of myself as I fixed one problem (replaced my igniter) but now have another. When I put the stove back together the convection blower never came on and the stove would eventually shut down. It heats up nicely - then stops dropping pellets and flashes an error. I should probably tell you that for the last year or so the conv. blower would sometimes sputter and temporarily stop then kick back on so maybe it was on its last legs. I hope I didn't break anything when I was messing around with connections to replace the igniter. I suspect the no blower issue can be one of three things... 1) the blower itself, 2) the control board or 3) the snap disc. Any advice how I should move forward?

Thanks!

Surprised no one answered you - sorry. There are ways to rule out the blower and snap discs as your potential trouble points but I'm not the one to give you that advice. Hopefully someone will chime in but you can always try a subject search.
Good luck:)

While a different stove, this may give you some ideas on how to troubleshoot.
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...culation-fan-not-working.119604/#post-1603918

Last edited:
Thanks Lake Girl! Well, I reached out to a local dealer and they advised that it is most likely the blower. Once its in - I'll replace and let the forum know.

Brian

I reccomend jumper your proof of fire snap switch-one closest to exhaust motor-and fire up stove.You might be happily suprised.Bad switch known problem on this model.

I reccomend jumper your proof of fire snap switch-one closest to exhaust motor-and fire up stove.You might be happily suprised.Bad switch known problem on this model.
Well it wasn't the proof of fire switch...but when I was checking it out I noticed that one of the wires had come off the contact. Thanks for the great advice... I am back in business!

Brian

Nope. I couldn't settle on the right part number (on his on-line site)... was going to call the dealer back in the morning. I don't blame him... I'm sure that I caused the problem to begin with.

Brian

Glad to hear you sorted it out before you were on the hook for the new blower;)

Status
Not open for further replies.