lopi revere install issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beech nut

Feb 10, 2012
Wilson NY
Hi I have enjoyed my buck stove insert for the last 15 years. I recently purchased a nice
Used more efficient lopi revere stove. My buck stove was installed by the original owner
Who built this A frame house along the shore of Lake Ontario. The buck was installed
Into a factory built z.c fireplace that was made by buck. I guess I can't put the lopi into
This 3o year old zc fireplace. The thing is the lopi is a much smaller stove there is around
6 inches of clearance on all sides of the revere when it sits in the zc fireplace.
Can I fabricate anything to place around the revere before I install it ? What if I
Extended it onto the hearth a bit ? Help ! If not what
Is my cheapest and safest way out of this . I am capable of doing the carpentry
Work myself . Thanks for taking the time to read my post ,Stay warm.

You're gonna hafta build filler panels out of non-combustible
material to cover the gaps. They can be as simple as some 1/8"
steel sheet, painted black & welded or screwed together or a
elaborate as dura-rock or Hardi-backer with tile or some sort
of stone (or cultured stone) applied to the surface. Framing or
trim lumber is a BIG NO-NO...

The Revere is an insert, right?

You might want to look up the info on the original ZC fireplace, I don't think many are rated to allow an insert being put into them.

BTW, we might be neighbors. The Cottage is also on the shores of lovely Lake Ontario!

Status
Not open for further replies.