Lopi Yankee NO START UP AT ALL, please help!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rwshiel

Hearth Supporter
Jan 4, 2008
New Mexico
Hello All,
I have checked past questions posted and could not find a similar problem. I turn the stove on and get one red blink from error light. Nothing else happens (no blower, no auger, nada). I suspected the control panel was bad and had it tested at dealer (tested good). Anyway, now I suspect a switch, however, it seems that the switch problems are only applicable at a cycle point later in the stoves operation (Am I wrong on this?).

This unit has a wireless remote thermostat which I disconnected to simplify troubleshooting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Rob
New Mexico (six inches snow last night! Yes, in April)

UPDATE--I have checked the switch on the intake blower and it is in a Closed position. The switch on the exhaust blower switch is in a Open position with 110plug unplugged, when i plug the stove in it goes to a Closed position. The vacuum switch is a Open position, and i jumped this to a Closed using wire (no success in stove start up).

check that your hopper lid is completely closed. my lopi leyden has a switch that won't let the stove operate if the lid is open. (small round brass button) sometimes a small pellet on the gasket is enough to keep the lid from closing all the way. That hopper lid switch may also be bad.

Thanks for responding. I checked and I don't have a hopper lid switch at all. In fact, I have run my stove while the lid is open. I updated my post showing my OPEN/CLOSE checks on the switches to see if someone can help with that info.
Thanks
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.