Loud Start-up vibrations from my new Mt. Vernon pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kapper

Jan 8, 2009
West Michigan
I contacted the company the other day to discuss the loud vibration that is heard and felt throughout my home when the stove is starting up. The told me to lower the flame height to -2 and to manually adjust the heat output to medium or medium high which should eliminate the problem. I still have the problem 2 days later and I don't think it is right that I cannot run the stove with high output and utilize the quite features advertised. Has anybody got the same problem or other suggestions.

whats the production date of your stove? some had a shield you could add in the ashpan to reduce rumbling.

handikapper said:
I contacted the company the other day to discuss the loud vibration that is heard and felt throughout my home when the stove is starting up. The told me to lower the flame height to -2 and to manually adjust the heat output to medium or medium high which should eliminate the problem. I still have the problem 2 days later and I don't think it is right that I cannot run the stove with high output and utilize the quite features advertised. Has anybody got the same problem or other suggestions.

Hi - I have heard the rumble you speak of 2 or 3 times.. can't deny it when it happens, but for me it hardly ever happens so I am ignoring it most of the time ;)

Over on iburncorn.com there is a post from someone who hears it all the time, like you, and a stove tech there says:
"the rumble can be fixed with an intake shield part #7034-224. it is free for the asking."

I don't have any first hand info - so take it for what its worth. The post I'm referring to is:
http://forum.iburncorn.com/viewtopic.php?t=9771&sid=fbf2f05b086d82505a72f5744e0612ca

Status
Not open for further replies.