Loving the smell of burning paint!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdust

Minister of Fire
Feb 9, 2009
Michigan
Well not really! I fired up the little lady for the first time tonight. She let off some pretty good smoke from the stove top and stunk the place up pretty good. I wish I would have took some pictures of the amount of wood I put in the stove since it's shocking how long it has burned on such a small amount, I loaded at 8:30 and the stove top is still above 400*. I'm not ready for the cold weather but I'm pretty excited to see what this stove can do on a full load placed on top of a good coal bed.

I would like to be the 1st to say........CONGRATULATIONS on your new journey of wood burning.
Cheers.
P.S. Don't let BB put your fire out. Its the jealousy that tends to come out of him. %-P
:lol:

I wish I was at that point. I should have the structural stuff done by Tuesday, then get some sheetrock up and start on the hearth. Maybe by the end of the month....

jeff_t said:
I wish I was at that point. I should have the structural stuff done by Tuesday, then get some sheetrock up and start on the hearth. Maybe by the end of the month....

Mine was an easy install since I just had to move one out and move one in. Yours is much more involved and honestly the weather really isn't bad yet so you still have time. After this weekend it looks like we'll trend back up for a little while.

north of 60 said:
I would like to be the 1st to say........CONGRATULATIONS on your new journey of wood burning.
Cheers.
P.S. Don't let BB put your fire out. Its the jealousy that tends to come out of him. %-P
:lol:

I haven't loaded it up yet, I'm trying to burn the paint of in stages since I have a little one in the house and the fumes can't be good for him. My first impressions is the amazement by just looking at hot coals and solid wood with no flames and having a 500* stove top, I'm sure I'll get used to it. :lol:

rdust, good to hear you got that thing fired up. I'll bet the house needed some heat too. I put 3 splits in before I went to bed last night and the house is still warm. No doubt will start another fire tonight. Thomas must love to hear about all this lighting of fires and using the super cedars. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.