Low heat output on Englander 25-PAH

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ptomp1

Jan 21, 2012
northern maine
I just purchased a Englander 25-PAH and it seem that it doesn,t put out alot of heat. With it set on 5/5 the temperature where the fan discarge reads 125 degrees and stays there even when increasing the auger speed. The factoy setting that control the LFF LAA are 1-5-1. I have the oak connected and am using duralock 3" pipe for the first 3 feet going into an existing chimney. I am burning hardwood pellets. Is 125 degree seem right for this stove? Or is this low temperature output.

Thanks,
Phil

Are you running the stove on a T-stat?

If not, have you checked to make sure the jumper on the control board is securely fastened? This jumper can come loose and the stove may want to burn on its lowest level.

Inferno,

I am not running a t-stat and the jumper wire is secure. Do you know if there are different heating modes on this stove.

Does anyone else on this forum owns this stove and can tell me what they get for heat temp.

i have the same stove. my settings are 2-6-1. what pellets are you using?

ptomp1 said:
I am using Canwick hardwood pellets. Have you ever measure the temp. coming out of the room blower? I am open to any suggestions. Thanks.

Raise the LFF to 3 and give the stove about an hour to get regulated to that setting.....then see how the heat output is.

Changed my LFF setting to 3,LBA 6. My fed is on 5, blower 6 and after 1.5 hours My temp is around 135. Is it possible this stove doesn't put out much heat or maybe in the wrong heat mode?

Try putting the LBA back to 5.....the higher speed may be sending the heat through the heat exchanger too fast and out of the exhaust...not enough time to extract the heat.

BTW, is the stove exhaust going into a liner, to the top of the chimney?

My chimney is lined all the way to the top. After work I will turn down LBA; this might be part of the problem because when cleaning the stove I can feel a draft coming in from OAK. The flame doesn't seem to be lazy.

ptomp1 said:
My chimney is lined all the way to the top. After work I will turn down LBA; this might be part of the problem because when cleaning the stove I can feel a draft coming in from OAK. The flame doesn't seem to be lazy.

Is the flame low down in the pot or is it a few inches tall out of the pot?

ptomp1 said:
The flame is running probably around 4 to 5 inches above the burn pot.

Can you get a hold of a different pellet? I think those Canawicks got decent reviews but maybe to eliminate that try something else. I also wonder if they have different heat modes like the pdv and pdvc stoves.....

I burned some penningtons pellets when I first got the stove and had low heat output. But since I made changes to the LFF and LBA I only been using the Canwicks; tomorrow I will try some other pellet and hope for the best. I also read the stove manuel and the only mode I seen was for T-stat use high/low heat (might be mistaken). If I had an idea what this stove normally puts out for heat at the discharge it might help. I was wondering if it could be in the wrong mode.

ptomp1 said:
I burned some penningtons pellets when I first got the stove and had low heat output. But since I made changes to the LFF and LBA I only been using the Canwicks; tomorrow I will try some other pellet and hope for the best. I also read the stove manuel and the only mode I seen was for T-stat use high/low heat (might be mistaken). If I had an idea what this stove normally puts out for heat at the discharge it might help. I was wondering if it could be in the wrong mode.

Maybe shoot Mike at Englander and email and see what he says....

Status
Not open for further replies.