Lowes selling pennington Natures Heat $6.23 a bag

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdempsey

Feeling the Heat
Aug 21, 2011
kentucky
Whoa. Now thats steep even for the best pellets. This is the lowes two counties over. The salesman told me this is one of the better pellets and thru his own testing was one of the top BTU producing pellets in the USA.

I asked this man how did somersets fair in his testing against natures heat. His response.....I never heard of them. What a joke. I burst out laughing loud and thanked him for his time.

They'd have to pay me $6.38 a bag to put those things in my stove again!

Don't know what kind, but the Lowes here had their price was $5.98, now $3.94. Funny how it matched the price of Home Depot.
Burning HD's right now, Stove Chow. Not bad for $197 a ton. Tractor Supply has the same price. Trying theirs next.

Home Depot in East Haven CT now has Penningtons. I guess they ran out of Stove Chow.

jdempsey said:
Whoa. Now thats steep even for the best pellets. This is the lowes two counties over. The salesman told me this is one of the better pellets and thru his own testing was one of the top BTU producing pellets in the USA.

I asked this man how did somersets fair in his testing against natures heat. His response.....I never heard of them. What a joke. I burst out laughing loud and thanked him for his time.

HA! I too would burst out laughing! I have burned somersets and they are great !

Maybe the salesmans was testing to that other BTU rating agency ( Beyond trash & useless )

The Lowes in Scranton, PA is selling Cheat River and I some other pellets (can't remember) at $4.17 a bag, but if you buy a ton you get them for $197/ton. Only .21 difference, but when I saw the price and asked, that's what they told me.

Joe S,, where u at?? I'm in Eynon,,,,, i just bought 14 morebags of Stove Chow at the HD up from Lowe's on Commerce Blvd,,,,like $3.94/bag or $197/ton. I stopped at Lowe's first and they told me $225/ton,,, or $4.50/ bag. they dind't mention a deal in buying a ton..... anyways I already have 3 1/2 tone stored,,, plus 10 bags of Prestos, and now the 14 of stove chow..... but at the $197/ton for the SC,,, i may get another ton.,,,

John

If you go into the garden section from the outside/garden center enterance, you'll see that they recently cleared out the middle section where they had all those plants on tables. Go through that area and walk to the right towards those doors that lead you back into the store. You run into the end of one of their huge shelves. You'll see on the end where they have bags of pellets. I saw them this past Saturday and I mentioned to an employee there they used to be cheaper. He agreed, and said you can still get them for $197/ton, but you have to buy the whole ton.

I think what they are doing is they stacked bags left over from people who did not buy an entire ton, and are selling them for a little more.

By the way, they also have Somersets in the back parking lot (at least they did about a month ago).

I've also been getting Energex at Ace hardware in Clarks Summit.

Good Lord, Somersets are made in Kentucky. Our local feed mile stocks them and they were $200/ton last season. I haven't asked this year. Somerset is an oak flooring manufacturer and they have consistently produced superior pellets for 5 yrs. that I know of.

They must make a heck of a lot of pellets, or have some good deal with Lowes to have them appear all the way up here in PA!

Status
Not open for further replies.