Lowe's Stoves 50% Off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
The stoves at Lowe's stores have been marked down 50% for closeout.

So if you had to pick between the summers heat 2000 sq ft and the century hearth 2000 sq ft, which one would you pick and why?

If you are asking me why I made that choice over a year ago the answers are:

1. Virginia company that I have known to make good stoves for over 20 years.

2. I don't do pedestals.

3. Square firebox

4. Right size to fit in my fireplace.

5. The top plate on the Century is only 3/16" steel.

6. The step top on the Century looks goofy to me.

7. 455 pounds vs. 310. I buy by the pound.

That said, I don't know anybody that isn't happy with their Century stove.

So the Summers heat is close to the same as the englander right? I thought that was the consensus from other posts, but wanted to make sure.

Thanks

Nevermind, dumb question just looked it up on the forums. I know some of this stuff is an age old argument, but I haven't finished reading all the old posts yet, so thanks for humoring me :)

A stove that sells for $449? And it sounds like most people are very satisfied with the stove as safe and efficient. What would I get by buying a Lopi or a Jotul interms of quality for the dollar that I would not get with one of these stoves at lowes? Seems like the price is right.

Cast Iron, enameling, and better looks for the Jotul. Lopi will have more variety and option and local dealer support and installation, but it's a closer call when compared to the Englander.

ARGGHHHH I just spent an hour and half in lowes, while they tried to find me a summers heat one, none there or in any other stores within 20 miles, dang, was ready to buy. Oh well maybe next year

Try all the local Home Depots for Englanders. Try about 50 miles out. At these prices it's worth searching for.

I guess the weather held up long enough and the price has dropped to a point where I cannot say no. Heading there on the ride home for my pellet stove...

Does Depot have em on sale now too? I checked my local depot while I was out, they don't stock anything other than pellet stoves.

Just called every lowes within an hour of here, all sold out.... could still get the century hearth but the firebox looked a lil small to me......

BeGreen said:
...and better looks for the Jotul.

Eye of the beholder BG. Eye of the beholder.

True dat. In this case, the 'eyes' have it. LOL :lol:

i think last yeras "fire sale" caught a lot of attention, they are going fast and with this years more normal winter stocks arent as high, lowes usually pushes the clearance button sooner than depot due to their infrastructure, but depot usually isnt as far behind, although depot doesnt tend to drop prices quite as far as lowes.

happy hunting folks, let me know if i can help though i do not really have a way to see who has what left, i can look up sku numbers and you can look for them online at lowes.com or somthing.

Went to pick up the pellet stove I bought online at Lowe's. Customer service called the guy to bring up the stove. Thirty minutes later they found the stove. I was standing by it. Had been for twenty minutes. They said that wasn't mine because it was sold to somebody else to be delivered and mine was on the third tier of the racking and no forklift was available. I told them I could give them one great reason to get that stove on the floor in front of me the hell out of there and into my truck. They asked what that was and I explained that I was standing there and the other guy wasn't. And I wasn't pissed. Yet.

They loaded the stove.

you gonna paint this one too??? <chuckle> shoot me the numbers on it to my work e mail and i'll go ahead and get it registered. i think you will get a kick out of it. aint the "gates of hades" blast that you are used to with the wood unit , but its pretty neat to heat a large area with a flame the size of a softball

"lol BB a pellethead" now i seen it all ;)

stoveguy2esw said:
you gonna paint this one too??? <chuckle> shoot me the numbers on it to my work e mail and i'll go ahead and get it registered. i think you will get a kick out of it. aint the "gates of hades" blast that you are used to with the wood unit , but its pretty neat to heat a large area with a flame the size of a softball

"lol BB a pellethead" now i seen it all ;)

Five coats is a real possibility. Of course you already know what this "training" stove is for. Next season the folks in Northern Virginia that don't want to clean or service their Englander, Summer's Heat or TimberRidge pellet stoves will only need to place a little call to Alternative Energy Services. Or visit the website. "That guy Mike sent me a new auger motor. I laid it in the burn pot and the stove still doesn't work! And where did all of these yucky ashes come from. He really thinks I am going to, like, take them out of the stove. Get real. Doh!"

Have Vac Will Travel
Wire BB
Prince William County

Is this 50% off in store only? I dont see the sale online here in NY Long island.

loust said:
Is this 50% off in store only? I dont see the sale online here in NY Long island.

yeah its likely in store, its only going to be for what is already in stock , they want to make room for spring inventory (lawn furnature and such) stoves are sold in the "seasonal" dept. this is the part of the store that gets changed with the seasons, if you look in the late fall you will find deals on outdoor stuff in that dept cause they do not have the room to store it for the off season , nor do they want to ship it back to distribution centers until the next season, so they bite the bullet and clearance off the stuff that they dont wanna try to store in overheads and such. special order items are not in the store so they would not fall under the clearance. i imagine its the same for online, unless a local store had one that you could get you wont find a clearanced unit

stoveguy2esw said:
loust said:

yeah its likely in store, its only going to be for what is already in stock , they want to make room for spring inventory (lawn furnature and such) stoves are sold in the "seasonal" dept. this is the part of the store that gets changed with the seasons, if you look in the late fall you will find deals on outdoor stuff in that dept cause they do not have the room to store it for the off season , nor do they want to ship it back to distribution centers until the next season, so they bite the bullet and clearance off the stuff that they dont wanna try to store in overheads and such. special order items are not in the store so they would not fall under the clearance. i imagine its the same for online, unless a local store had one that you could get you wont find a clearanced unit

Thanks

Bought mine online. The stores don't have the markdowns up yet on the shelves. Look for the green star on Lowe's website next to the price. That means that the store price is marked down and that is what it will ring up as.

I checked stores online from the east coast, middle America and the west coast last night and all were marked down 50%.

Status
Not open for further replies.