Lucky find today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naandme

Jan 16, 2011
Eaton, Indiana
Was driving home today from town and drove by a couple guys cutting down a few trees in a yard. I stopped and asked what they were doing with the wood which is all red oak and shagbark they said I could have as much as I wanted. So I ended up with two full trailers of oak and hickory and my buddy got a load of it also. Got to love being lucky!!

Attachments

• wood 3-10-11 002.jpg
    wood 3-10-11 002.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 562
Nice big stuff there.

Wow! Get back there and get the rest before Jay gets it! :lol:

That is some nice wood.

Naandme said:
Was driving home today from town and drove by a couple guys cutting down a few trees in a yard. I stopped and asked what they were doing with the wood which is all red oak and shagbark they said I could have as much as I wanted. So I ended up with two full trailers of oak and hickory and my buddy got a load of it also. Got to love being lucky!!

Great score, some squat going on with that load!

Zap

Wow !!

Gotta love that! And here I thought I was weird for using a hand truck. Makes me feel better.

Bocefus78 said:
Gotta love that! And here I thought I was weird for using a hand truck. Makes me feel better.

I use a hand truck too. It's actually designed for 55gal drums and has huge tires which makes it easy on uneven terrain. Balances great too. Whatever makes it easier on the body...

I have been watching for super cheap hand truck to come up on Craig's List or a garage sale for years now. Fortunately most rounds roll OK as they are so Mr. Cheapskate doesn't suffer too much while he waits for the cheap one.

I have found as I have got older I like to work smart not hard!! Love hand trucks, chainsaws, Hyd. splitters, and 21yr old big chested blondes LOL

I try (dont always remember though lol) to keep a 5 or 6ft 2 x 12 in the truck whenever I go places.Helps as a ramp when dealing with heavier rounds.Much easier than lifting up to the tailgate.

Naandme said:
I have found as I have got older I like to work smart not hard!! Love hand trucks, chainsaws, Hyd. splitters, and 21yr old big chested blondes LOL

I think the 21 yr old would not fall into the "work smart not hard category" unless you are VERY wealthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.