Lunch Time Scrounge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

seeyal8r

Feeling the Heat
Jan 20, 2011
Central Oklahoma
Headed to the local whataburger to grab a greasy meal (wife is out of town so I get to eat unhealthy). Cutting through a neighborhood I saw an older gentleman cutting up some willow that had fallen. I ate my lunch and started thinking about that guy in his yard so as I was driving back by I noticed he was using an electric saw and hadn't gotten far since I'd past 20 minutes before. So I stopped and asked if he needed a hand. I pulled out my stihl and made quick work of what he had left while he loaded my truck. Then I helped him pull 2 dead cedar trees out using my truck and chain. He said this was his job of the week and now he could go in and relax until his wife came up with something else for him to do. I know that feeling.

Attachments

• Scrounge.jpg
    Scrounge.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 387
the wood is only about half good but I helped him out. I've got a brush pile I can dump the rotted stuff in.

nice that you helped him out seeyal8r. You can always burn that in the shoulder season or mix it in with some of your better wood.

zap

seeyal8r said:
Headed to the local whataburger to grab a greasy meal (wife is out of town so I get to eat unhealthy).

Is whataburger really the best a guy can do in OK when the Mrs is away??? :roll:

ISeeDeadBTUs said:
seeyal8r said:
Headed to the local whataburger to grab a greasy meal (wife is out of town so I get to eat unhealthy).

Is whataburger really the best a guy can do in OK when the Mrs is away??? :roll:

My wife cooks every meal and honestly I'd rather eat at home. I like some grease now and again and its only a few blocks from the office.

Let me get this straight seeya. You carry your chainsaw with you to the office? Must be a OK thing or you've got the scrounging bug? Nice of you to help him out like that, nothing wrong with free wood! :)

Good job seeya.
Got some shoulder season wood & a new friend :)
You earned 2 whataburgers ;)

I keep my 026 in my tool box. I've always got an eye out for a scrounge. The saw doesn't leak oil like my other 2 do so I just fill it up with oil and gas and keep it with me. I've needed it several times. After loading the wood I put the saw in the floor board of my truck. smells like 2cycle gas in there now.

I also keep a 20 foot HD chain in my tool box, couple garage sale tool kits that were missing some parts, bottle of truck oil, poncho, paper towels, some rags, and a blanket made out of jeans material for throwing on the ground to get under vehicles. I've used all this stuff or needed it at one time or another. I use the saw quite a bit though.

A win-win situation . . . you helped out a guy who could definitely use some help . . . and you ended up with some shoulder season/kindling wood.

I believe in good Karma. You helped that old guy out and good Karma will reward you. I see a free tree guy delivery in your future !

Got a whataburger and it is also worth a couple attaboys. Nice to help out.

Status
Not open for further replies.