M-Flex liners...good?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 14, 2008
northshore ma
I found a liner kit on ebay called M-Flex liners. Price seems very good but is the product the same. Anyone with the same liner?

Thank you

I think you mean magnaflex they are good liners.

I just ordered a 6" x 20' flex liner M-Flex from ebay for $350 new and free shipping. It should be here on Wednesday. I plan to install on Saturday after I grind out my damper a bit to accommodate the flex liner. Wish me luck

Thank you for the prompt... M flex liners are actually made by National Chimney, where as Magnaflex liners are created by Magnaflex their are actually some Magnaflex 6 x 25 liner kits on ebay for 350. Also in addition, Magnaflex liners as well as the top of the line duravent products are made from 316ti whereas M-flex is made from 316 and I am kinda suprised that they are not at least using something like 316L or even 304L

budman said:
I think you mean magnaflex they are good liners.

Magnaflex,

If you can show me where on ebay I can get the Magnaflex 6 x ~20 liner kit for an insert on ebay for 350 w/ free shipping I will cancel this order with Mflex...

MagnaFlex said:
Also in addition, Magnaflex liners as well as the top of the line duravent products are made from 316ti whereas M-flex is made from 316 and I am kinda suprised that they are not at least using something like 316L or even 304L

Give National a call. I believe that you will find out that the basic M-Flex liner is made of 316L.

Their ebay products look like they are all just 316, attached is a link to their website.

http://www.nationalchimneysupply.com/Steel-Info.aspx

BrotherBart said:
MagnaFlex said:
Also in addition, Magnaflex liners as well as the top of the line duravent products are made from 316ti whereas M-flex is made from 316 and I am kinda suprised that they are not at least using something like 316L or even 304L

Give National a call. I believe that you will find out that the basic M-Flex liner is made of 316L.

So there is a big difference between 316 and the 316ti. My research indicates Titanium interior lined?...Have flex liners been around for a short time? Has the track record for basic stainless steel liner have lower life expectancy?....If so how dramatic is it?

You all do realize that all the L is calling out is a lower sulfur content in the metal. This is advantageious for welding purposes(or conditions between 800-1600F) as is reduces the chance of sulfur stringers in the material which could cause a really tiny leak (ususally only and issue in vacuum applications).

But their is a difference between 316ti and just 316l or 316, the titanium in 316ti helps fight away cresote by stabilizing it.

myzamboni said:
You all do realize that all the L is calling out is a lower sulfur content in the metal. This is advantageious for welding purposes(or conditions between 800-1600F) as is reduces the chance of sulfur stringers in the material which could cause a really tiny leak (ususally only and issue in vacuum applications).

Well that makes sense. How long have the 316ti liners been out for? Also how long have the 316 liners been out for? I'm assuming these flex liners have been around for some time...yes?

Flex liners have been out for 25 or more years. The material is the only thing different, I prefer to buy 316ti material and I buy material 40,000 #'s at a time. It's all preference and It's what I feel comfortable selling, I could create a .006 304ss liner and have it tested by UL or warnock hersey but why mess with a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.