m55 agitator

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kykel

Feeling the Heat
Jan 4, 2009
long Island
Can anyone with the agitator in their stove tell me how it is supposed to work. Manual says wont turn for 5 min. on start up. Then turns each time pellets drop and for 1 minute every 30 minutes. Mine only turns when shutting down. My dealers turns each time pellets drop but theirs is set on regular not premium.Im wondering if it makes a difference what the setting is on( premium regular or multi).

Yes, The setting makes a difference.

I'll see if I can find the time chart on it! Hang on.

Attachments

• Stirer and feed.jpg
    Stirer and feed.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 297
I had this same question.

On premium it turns as pellets are fed for the first 5 mins on start up. The it will turn for one min. Every 30 mins.

On reg pellet it continues to turn every time the auger Feds pellets.

On multi it turns every time the auger turns and then every 30 mins? It goes into low fire and turns the auger for a min.

I leave mine on premium with all pellets. Do the corn burners on the forum use the multi fuel setting?

EDIT: He's fast :)

Thanks guys

Why dont they have that in the manuals that come with the stove.

;-)

I'm a fire god! I have to be. hehe :cheese:

The numbers in yellow are the feed rate/auger times as well. One stop shopping.

I thought it was Pellet Swami now :lol:

kykel said:
Thanks guys

Why dont they have that in the manuals that come with the stove.

I asked the same question. A tech at Enviro sent me this chart. I asked the right question to the right person(he knew I was helping the Enviro peeps out here so he passed it on!) Its a hearth.com exclusive! ;-)

They wouldn't be in the manual on any of the stoves, They come in the service manuals. They haven't updated the service manual for the public yet. They will.

Millsk said:
Do the corn burners on the forum use the multi fuel setting?

EDIT: He's fast :)

Its recommended you do by Enviro, But I cheated to get past the 30 minute clean up cycle.

In regular pellet mode

Increase the blower trim to 4 or 5(corn has more blower speed than pellet)

Decrease the feed trim to 1(this will give the same auger feed rate a corn mode)

A member benski tried it and said it was working good for him! But try the corn mode first. It really depends on how clean you corn is. If you do try it keep a close set of eyes on it. It could build a good clinker and jam the auger. I really only recommend this if you can't afford the down time of the clean cycle. So try the corn mode first and if it has no issue keeping the house warm. Stay with the corn mode.

Thanks again J. My older cheaper stove (NO offense Smokey) hudson river saranac had an excellent manual with feed rates and all. Wish this stove had one. Then again I wouldn't be posting here if I had all the answers in a manual.

kykel said:
Thanks again J. My older cheaper stove (NO offense Smokey) hudson river saranac had an excellent manual with feed rates and all. Wish this stove had one. Then again I wouldn't be posting here if I had all the answers in a manual.

In Enviro's defense. They concentrated on the product first. I promise they will catch up. Your stove came with a manual, But did it come with a Technical manual too?

Every stove company does things a little different, Enviro keeps the basic stuff in the Owners manual. Techy stuff is in the Technical manual. Pretty sure the chart I posted wouldn't be in it yet. Keep checking their site for updates on the Technical manual.

jhass said:
I thought it was Pellet Swami now :lol:

Yep. Thats what I see when I look at his Forum name. I know him as Jay. The Pellet Swami!!! :)

came with a technical and owners manual.still no chart .

Status
Not open for further replies.