M55 FS Mantel ideas

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsk

Sep 12, 2011
Eastern ct
So we're happy with the stove. We'd like to make it look Little more done. Looking for mantels. The problem is the stove sticks out so much it makes it difficult for a normal surround mantel to look right. We want to stick to wood.

Can folks post some pictures of what they've installed for mantels? Our house has mission style furniture and if possible we'd like to have the mantel match.

I'm thinking of putting a nice big screen above it, not sire the wife will go along. :)

I dont have a Mantle, but I had to put something else in the corner. One day hope to make something a little bigger.. Looking forward to other peoples pics.

The M-55 is a fantastic stove. After this year, I plan on selling my Quad and purchasing either the M-55 steel or the Englander 10-CPM. With all the new users of these 2 stoves. There should be plenty of info on them, so I can make. An informed decision. Price isnt the factor. They both look appealing to me. They both have Hi/Low, agitators, multi fuel, etc..

Congrats on the stove.

Attachments

• Quadshelf.jpg
    Quadshelf.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 157
DexterDay said:
I dont have a Mantle, but I had to put something else in the corner. One day hope to make something a little bigger.. Looking forward to other peoples pics.

The M-55 is a fantastic stove. After this year, I plan on selling my Quad and purchasing either the M-55 steel or the Englander 10-CPM. With all the new users of these 2 stoves. There should be plenty of info on them, so I can make. An informed decision. Price isnt the factor. They both look appealing to me. They both have Hi/Low, agitators, multi fuel, etc..

Congrats on the stove.

That looks good Dexter...Price isn't an issue, Lucky guy!! :cheese:

Eatonpcat said:
DexterDay said:

Congrats on the stove.

That looks good Dexter...Price isn't an issue, Lucky guy!! :cheese:

Its not an issue because I will be selling my Quadrafire CB 1200. Which will cover the cost of a CPM from amfmenergy stoves. But I can throw in a little to get a M-55. Thats why the cost isnt a issue. The majority of the funds are coming from the sale of my current freestanding unit.

The little shelf I got from Lowes was lile $20 and the little corner shelf thingy underneath, my Wife got for $10 from a Craft Show. Add some pics and a candle (wont burn candle for other reasons/house fire yrs ago) and its not so plain jane.

I get wanting to spruce it up. Only takes a little, to go a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.