m55 fuel type button

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kykel

Feeling the Heat
Jan 4, 2009
long Island
This manual is useless. Does any one know how to change fuel type. I push button and it never changes. The agitator now turns with each drop of pellets which I believe is only supposed to happen in reg pellet mode. Im stuck in premium mode. In premium mode I believe it should only turn 1 minute every 30 minutes. Im wondering if there is something wrong with control board

any Help?

Easy easy. You can't change the fuel on the fly. If you shut the stove down and let cool until the blowers stop. It will change to the fuel you select. It will scroll thru them. Pretty sure this is in the manual.

If it doesn't unplug power for a bit. Plug it back in and hit fuel button. You also have to reselect the heat level and trim settings once you select the one button. It will default to heat 1 and trim 4.

J
definetly doesnt say how to change the fuel setting other than to push button. It should say can only be changed while unit is off. suppoThats whats frustrating me with this manual. I saw on another post that you might have a number for tech support. If so can you post it

Thanks

I'm still digging for the number. I think its on my pen drive at work. If I find it I'll post it here and the other thread.

I haven't read the cast manual, But read the M55 steel Sure I seen it. Maybe it was the technical manual?. I'll try to see if I can find something somewhere and clip it here for you!

Ok, I found a note in the M55 cast manual on page 8. I had to read it a few times to find it before it got me. A little highliting would have been useful here!

See attached picture!

Attachments

• M55 cast manual note.jpg
    M55 cast manual note.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 441
I have been able to change mine on the fly by pressing power button, waiting a few seconds, then pressing fuel type (wait about 3 sec for LED to change). Then power on. All while the stove is still running. What happens is it goes into the shut down cycle while you are changing fuel type. Then after you power it back on, it will go into the start cycle. Makes for a big fire, but this is one way to change it w/out having to shut the stove all the way down.

Thanks j
Where did you get that manual. Mine says"NOTE to change fuel type, ensure the thermostat switch is set to manual mode.
Press the off button and then press the fuel type button to cycle through the available types" thats a little vague to me. Yours is much clearer.

Thanks flyn
I Guess Ill make sure I select before starting stove. I like to tinker to see what mode works best. I thought on premium the agitator only turned 1 min. every 30 min. and each time the auger feeds pellets when on reg pellet mode. Mine is on premium mode and agitator turns each time pellets drop. Does yours work that way?

Kykel,
No, in Premium mine turns for 1min every 30min. It does not turn with the pellet feed. Are you sure you are in Premium...red LED? Sounds like you are in regular (yellow LED) or multi-fuel (green LED).
Flynfrfun

My red light (actually orange) is on and previously it turned 1 min every 30 min. I tried to change fuel setting while stove was on and thats when it started turning with the drop of pellets although the pellet type never changed Still red (orange)

kykel said:
Thanks j
Where did you get that manual. Mine says"NOTE to change fuel type, ensure the thermostat switch is set to manual mode.
Press the off button and then press the fuel type button to cycle through the available types" thats a little vague to me. Yours is much clearer.

That's what mine says also!!!

kykel said:
My red light (actually orange) is on and previously it turned 1 min every 30 min. I tried to change fuel setting while stove was on and thats when it started turning with the drop of pellets although the pellet type never changed Still red (orange)

Yep, you are in regular fuel mode. The light will be red, not orange for premium. I guess the "yellow" LED does kind of look orange. Cycle thru the fuel settings until you see the red LED.

thanks flyntrfun
That makes sense if my orange is really yellow and in regular mode. Next time I shut down Ill cycle through the choices and see each color. I couldnt wait Shut it down and cycled through colors. Red is premium green is regular and yellow(orange) is multi fuel. I had it in multifuel with turman premium pellets. Operator error. This stove is great its me that needs some work

Thanks for the help

Kykel,
Cool...don't forget you don't have to completely shut the stove down to change fuel settings. All you have to do is press the power button to shut down, then change fuel setting, then press power button again to turn it back on. All this happens in less than 1 minute. It does go into start mode, so a lot of pellets will get dropped, but I'm sure you are like me...I LOVE seeing the big fire! :coolsmile:

I did just what you said. turned off changed fuel type hit start and watched the blaze.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.