Magazine feed stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lecomte38

Feeling the Heat
Jun 6, 2008
Central Mass
Are there any wood stoves that load from the top with a stack of wood that feed a fire only at the bottom of the stove? similar to a gun/bullet magazine.

Sedore is a good place to start... very interesting stove... wish there were more users here to comment first hand about it.

--

CZARCAR:

Is there a thread here where your sawdust stove is described in detail?

I once visited a woodworker who heated his shop with an auger fed sawdust/small wood scrap design of his own. I was very impressed.

Peter B.

-----

Would it be called a Bren Stove? %-P

Hiram Maxim said:
Would it be called a Bren Stove? %-P

Only if it comes from across the pond ;)

Closer just North,Canada used them until the 1980's. ;-)
7.62x51 NATO

But a conveyor or magazine fed log loader would be cool!!!!

bren_l4a4.jpg

It would be nice to be able to load a magazine full of splits and have it drop one in as the fire box empties. 24 hour burn times would be sweet.

Of course in Kalifornia, MaoSeChussetts and other communist controlled regions, one would be limited to a six shot magazine and it would have to be unloaded with the splits locked separately from the stove.

If you think of pellets as really small logs dumped into a big magazine referred to as a hopper....

Matt

Chettt said:
It would be nice to be able to load a magazine full of splits and have it drop one in as the fire box empties. 24 hour burn times would be sweet.

Of course in Kalifornia, MaoSeChussetts and other communist controlled regions, one would be limited to a six shot magazine and it would have to be unloaded with the splits locked separately from the stove.

:lol: And the logs would be regulated to under 5" in diameter and owner specific serialized micro-stamped. After all you would want someone to have an extended burn? Think of the children!

lecomte38 said:
Are there any wood stoves that load from the top with a stack of wood that feed a fire only at the bottom of the stove? similar to a gun/bullet magazine.

The best implementation of this principal is what you already own. It's called a pellet stove.

Chettt said:

Don't forget the 7 day waiting period for your stove (even though it is sitting at the dealer)

I think that reloading the stove or as my wife says "playing with the fire" is half of the fun,as long as I can get an all night burn I don't mind.

Even if you could devise an 8 round magazine to feed splits into the chamber...boy, howdy - yo ambiance would be in the crapper. We wouldn't even try that in Ala-bamer.

dougand3 said:
We wouldn't even try that in Ala-bamer.

Ya might if ya lived in Mini-sota. %-P

Status
Not open for further replies.