Magnum Baby Countryside Opinions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdempsey

Feeling the Heat
Aug 21, 2011
kentucky
A friend is thinking about buying one. He is looking for a smaller stove for the living room. Is this a good little stove? Any known issues? I see it is multifuel. Does it have a stirrer in the burn pot?

Thanks.

The baby has been around a good while, I have a bud that has had one for about 6 seasons. Seems to be pretty reliable for him. Its what they call a clinker stove. When burning corn you need to remove a clinker every now and again. Pellets require a a pot cleaning every other day or so. Member CWR has one and seems to be having decent luck with his as well. I sure he will be alone to offer more first hand user details.

My buddy ( forum member barnyard840x ) has one. He had a small problem with getting enough combustion aif when he first got his stove. But overall its a good liftle heater and can be dressed up pretty nice, with all the brass or nickel trim pieces (top trivet, front vent, door, legs).

I've had mine burning three seasons now. The only issue I had was a defective POF switch (Proof of fire). I bought a replacement from Graingers for $20. Other than that, I am very pleased with the performance of the stove. It is not a stove you can run without attention. It has no stirrer and the burn pot needs to be emptied every other day or so depending on the quality of pellet being burned. It throws a ton of heat and is reasonably quiet. I found it very easy to clean and service. I do not have the automatic ignition and I wouldn't want it. A little starter gel and I'm putting out heat in 10 or 15 minutes. I am heating 1200 square feet and I have burned no oil in three years. Iburn just under two tons a year so I'm saving a ton of money.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.