New England (MA, CT, ME, NH, VT, RI) Maine, Auburn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikitas

May 29, 2008
Lewiston/Auburn area
Saw $241.00 per ton for Maine Woods yesterday at the Auburn Walmart. Given that heating oil is now below $1.70 per gallon here, they'll be eating those pellets. Many of the pallets have $197.00 written on the wrapping but it is X'ed out and a sign saying $241.00 put in front of the pallets.

I'm wondering the same thing myself. I've already bought my Spruce Point pellets, but if some good sales arrive I might take advantage. So far with oil prices so low I have been using oil for heat.

I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of pellets sitting around at the current prices. I asked my local stove shop what he was getting for a ton of Crabee pellets and he said $270 I about laughed. I went home and filled my oil tank at $1.80 a gallon. I still want pellets to heat with this winter but I will be waiting for them to come down in price which they will because no one with half a brain is going to buy at that price.

I usually pick up a ton of Maine Woods Pellets to burn during the shoulder seasons. Last time I bought them they were $199 ton now they want $240 at Walmart. I think not.I can wait.

Agreed, I've got 5 bags of Blazers in my basement from last season, and I'll wait until the prices come down or I'll just use oil.

MWP were $215 through the end of July this past summer through the Pellet Warehouse. The bags have a differant logo than the ones Walmart sells. The ones through Pellet Warehouse have a log cabin and the ones from Walmart have a stove. Anyone know the differance?

Status
Not open for further replies.