Maine pellet inventory - what's available?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

movemaine

Minister of Fire
Nov 28, 2011
Central Maine
movemaine.com
Okies and MWP softies are OOS at SIBs.

Looking for more softwoods - anything else available before I order LaCrete's?

I tried LG's - way too much ash.

Bucksport TruValue had MWP softies last time I was in (Monday or Tue) for I think $230, branch in Belfast, too, if that's closer.

Bucksport TruValue had MWP softies last time I was in (Monday or Tue) for I think $230, branch in Belfast, too, if that's closer.

Still have them today, just got 2 bags to try. Me and my helper went around picking up bags to try of different brands. Giving momma a break for a few hours.

I hope that you get a chance to try the MWP softies, I have been very pleased with them, wish that
I had bought more than a ton.

I hope that you get a chance to try the MW

S at SIBs.

I think Dysart's still has MWP Softwoods, but I think you're down towards Augusta? Sorry, not sure what's available down there.

If you're in the Augusta area, Paris Farmers Union in Winthrop has MWP softies. I think they are $254/ton.

Aubuchon Hardware stores have been stocking Mcfeeters. People on this forum seem to like them.

I think Dysart's still has MWP Softwoods, but I think you're down towards Augusta? Sorry, not sure what's available down there.
I called Dysart's last week questioning the MWP softwoods they said they had in stock. The guy admitted that was a typo and the only MWP's they had in stock was the blend.

I called Dysart's last week questioning the MWP softwoods they said they had in stock. The guy admitted that was a typo and the only MWP's they had in stock was the blend.

That's cause you have half the east coast inventory at your house.:mad:

Reactions: jtakeman
How on earth are you guys seeing prices up over 300? I read in the plant tour thread that there are so many plants up north within a few hours of each other you think that they would be fighting each other for business. I dont understand how i can get some of these pellets down here in Pa cheaper than you can in your back yard. Its a strange world.

How on earth are you guys seeing prices up over 300? I read in the plant tour thread that there are so many plants up north within a few hours of each other you think that they would be fighting each other for business. I dont understand how i can get some of these pellets down here in Pa cheaper than you can in your back yard. Its a strange world.
None of the Maine pellets are near $300/ton here.
Also, PA has at least twice as many pellet plants as Maine. Competition might be tougher down your way.

Kangas where i get my pellets every year has a boatload of Maine Softwoods. I just got mine delivered . Located in No. Anson

Status
Not open for further replies.