Maine Wood Pellets at $199 delivered

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

save$

Minister of Fire
Sep 22, 2008
Chelsea Maine
In the local Augusta Me. KJ newspaper today. The man from Jay, Wood Pellet Warehouse is offering pellets delivered at $199. This time the delivery is limited to the circulation area of the news paper. I have no idea what other papers he may have advertised in. In his add, he has *New Mix* www.sibwoodpellets.com I did get ton from him from his earlier add. Came the day he promised. I have burned over half the ton with no problems, good heat, and burning cleaner than last year. For the money, don't see how you can go wrong.

We have 4 tons purchased from him. Very pleased so far!

I finally got 2 bags to give a go at. Hopefully this weekend I can toss them in the hopper. Price my way is up some, There $210/ton at present.

one of my local dealers has MWP but they look like the exact same bag as last year. Hate to get that same stuff as last year. Any clues on the bags whether its this years or last years batch??

BTW grabbed a few bags of Turmans to try out. They want 260/ton for them so i dont they'll be my long term choice but thought id give them a try

j-takeman said:
I finally got 2 bags to give a go at. Hopefully this weekend I can toss them in the hopper. Price my way is up some, There $210/ton at present.
That is great. Should be very informative. Do you have any way on knowing if you have a new batch of pellets? I am hoping you do. Also hoping to find out how these compare with Energex Canadian, and are more than shoulder season pellets. thanks

Attachments

• PWILogic-eWoodPellets.jpg
    PWILogic-eWoodPellets.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 903
save$ said:
j-takeman said:
That is great. Should be very informative. Do you have any way on knowing if you have a new batch of pellets? I am hoping you do. Also hoping to find out how these compare with Energex Canadian, and are more than shoulder season pellets. thanks

Supposed to be the new bag from what I hear.

Attachments

• MWP bag1.jpg
    MWP bag1.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 874
j-takeman said:
save$ said:
j-takeman said:

Supposed to be the new bag from what I hear.

Yeah not whats sitting on the floor at my local store....

People are saying they have seen 4 to 5 different bags out there. Maybe trying to confuse us?? IDK. I hope they burn nice though!

VTPelleter said:
one of my local dealers has MWP but they look like the exact same bag as last year. Hate to get that same stuff as last year. Any clues on the bags whether its this years or last years batch??

I had the same feeling after the ones from last year (what crap)and will not give them my business again.JMHO but fool me once.....

I just tried a bag the other day and if this is the new pellet I would hate to see what the old one was like. Awful!

j-takeman Do you keep your feed rate the same to see how the burn against known good pellets.

Yes, The feed rate has been kept the same for every pellet brand tested so far. Including what I did last season! Heat setting 3 medium.

Do you post the flame height or just how much heat.

I get a pretty big fire with my beast as its burning about 4 LBS/hr at that feed setting. The flame on the mainewoods is varying from 4 to 6 inches above the burn grate. With the hottest pellet to date burned about 8 inches above the burn grate and was consistent.

I also don't change the feed setting on the stove because its being timed for length of burn. I tweaked the damper is about it. Just trying to stay constant! I also don't usually comment on things because that's where the flack starts from. I have just been posting results and trying to stay non biased. I get much less crap that way! So its heat, ash, fines, and burn length from me. There are plenty of other members that have better word skills to write reviews. I'll just post what I get for results. :)

I appreciate your input. I've only burned 3 different brand. Energex, Pennington and Spruce Pointe.
Spruce Pointe by far the best, had to turn the feed rate down because the flame was licking the window on start up.

slls,

So far so good. The only negitive so far is the rough texture makes them not slide to well in the hopper. Its run ten hours and the burnpot still looks clean, About all I can say right now. But I highly recommend you get a bag or 2 and try them. :)

Sorry if I seemed gruff. I can just see the Maine boys jumping on me if the results don't fair well. Takes the fun out of this testing stuff real fast.

Check this out! Interesting. Look at the first post!

http://woodpelletreviews.com/

This is one Mainer that won't jump on you Jay.

I'm interested in the results. I might buy some if they are decent. From the temperature and fines data you already have they aren't likely to be bad. The question for me is will they be worth using as a shoulder pellet, if they are I'll spring for a couple of tons, if they are better than that I'll spring for four tons, not cut into my Cubies as much, and figure I have next years fuel searching done.

j-takeman said:
slls,

So far so good. The only negitive so far is the rough texture makes them not slide to well in the hopper. Its run ten hours and the burnpot still looks clean, About all I can say right now. But I highly recommend you get a bag or 2 and try them. :)

Sorry if I seemed gruff. I can just see the Maine boys jumping on me if the results don't fair well. Takes the fun out of this testing stuff real fast.

Anyone know who runs that site? Anyone we know? (Don't be shy!) They seem to take some of our comments from here. I discovered it a month or two ago. Looks like it is evolving quickly.

Gweeper64 said:
j-takeman said:
slls,

Anyone know who runs that site? Anyone we know? (Don't be shy!) They seem to take some of our comments from here. I discovered it a month or two ago. Looks like it is evolving quickly.

Robert Anderson

Smokey, There better than the "shoulder pellets" I have burned. I am thinking more betweeners myself. They will take me into the low 20's no problem. But instead of adjusting feed rate on the stove(I usually stay right at feed 3-3 medium). I adjust with Pellets that burn hotter. So one could just crank the feed rate up a notch. :)

This isn't the MWP I am used to! Impressed? Yes I am so far. Gotta see the total ash numbers and total burn lentgh!

SmokeyTheBear said:
Gweeper64 said:
j-takeman said:
slls,

Robert Anderson
He is a member here too! quazi95 We have been in touch.

wow, are this maine wood brand that good jay, hmmm, where did you get the bag for testing?

geek said:
wow, are this maine wood brand that good jay, hmmm, where did you get the bag for testing?

I can't tell you geek the Maine boys will have my hide. I hit there secret stash! :)

I got them at Blakeslee in Middletown, But CTpellet has them. I just wasn't sure on his batch. I also have a strong feeling the Quality One at BT is MWP rebagged. But no actual proof. I pickup a couple of bags they donated to add to the test thread. Wanna bet the numbers match??

Status
Not open for further replies.