Q&A Make Gas Logs Automatic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

WHAT WOULD I NEED TO DO IN ORDER TO MAKE MY GAS LOG FIREPLACE AUTOMATIC? RRGHT NOW I HAVE TO TURN ON THE GAS- OPEN THE VENT .AND LIGHT THE GAS . IWAS AT A FRIEND'S HOUSE AND ALL HE DID WAS PUSH A BUTTON AND THE LOGS LIT. HOW WOULD I CONVERT MINE AND WHAT WOULD IT COST?

Answer:

You need a safety pilot control- which should be avaialble at and Hearth Dealer - around $150.--- Then a plumber will have to install it. This will allow you to turn a knob and have the logs come on. If you want a wall switch or remote control option, this will cost quite a bit more (different type of valve) - say $300 - $450.

Status
Not open for further replies.