Making a couple pellet silos to store pelletes. Need help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tnt8281

Jan 25, 2010
Delton, MI
If I were to build a couple. What could I do about moisture? If they are sealed from the environment, what moisture problems will I have over the summer sitting?

hey shorty,

Couple things to look at over at the iburncorn site. I have see a few bunkers over there. You could also check out the grain silo's at the farm stores. There about the same thing.

Bulk pellets aren't that popular yet, But I think there were a few posts by some of the members here. Do you have bulk pellets available in your area?

Attachments

• 100_0045.jpg
    100_0045.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 396
Moisture shouldn't be a problem if the bin is in a dry area with good air circulation... they are popular in Europe where bulk pellet deliveries are common.

Moisture shouldn't be a problem if the bin is in a dry area with good air circulation... they are popular in Europe where bulk pellet deliveries are common.

Keep it dry and insulate it to prevent moisture from condensation, if it is going to be exposed to the elements.

j-takeman said:
hey shorty,

Couple things to look at over at the iburncorn site. I have see a few bunkers over there. You could also check out the grain silo's at the farm stores. There about the same thing.

Bulk pellets aren't that popular yet, But I think there were a few posts by some of the members here. Do you have bulk pellets available in your area?

Well even if they are available it would be Michigan wood pellets. So I would pass on that. I just want to have my pellets in a smaller area. Taking up alot of my polebarn. Now I have a reason to build another one. Rather have a second polebarn then a silo. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.