Making Dennis proud!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdust

Minister of Fire
Feb 9, 2009
Michigan
Here are a couple picture I'm sure Dennis will enjoy! I had a small stack of rounds to split so I busted them up today. I split vertical today since my lower back has been bothering me. It actually went pretty good! I backed the splitter up along side of the stacked rounds and just moved the splitter as I ran out of rounds to pull down. I may just adopt this method moving forward. :lol:

Attachments

• P4230001.jpg
    P4230001.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 432
  • P4230003.jpg
    P4230003.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 412
I see you even have the fancy seat cover for your milk crate very nice. I sure wish it would quit raining around here so I could finish splitting my wood.

certified106 said:
I see you even have the fancy seat cover for your milk crate very nice. I sure wish it would quit raining around here so I could finish splitting my wood.

I wish it would stop snowing and finish melting myself

I keep thinking we should all get together and post pics of us doing our best Backwoods Savage splitting wood vertically impression . . . and then make a calendar for him and his wife. ;)

Sounds like a good idea Jake!

rdust, with the lower back problem you no doubt found it is easier on the body that way. Yes, I'm proud of you! I could not have done better myself. You even used the right seat! And a hot seat to boot!

You might be able to take those tire chains off now.

firefighterjake said:
I keep thinking we should all get together and post pics of us doing our best Backwoods Savage splitting wood vertically impression . . . and then make a calendar for him and his wife. ;)

That sounds great, I'm in! :lol:

Backwoods Savage said:
rdust, with the lower back problem you no doubt found it is easier on the body that way. Yes, I'm proud of you! I could not have done better myself. You even used the right seat! And a hot seat to boot!

You might be able to take those tire chains off now.

I figured you'd enjoy it! I'm really pleased with the way it worked, the best part is the ground makes a great table and I didn't have to chase pieces around after splitting a round.

I'll get the chains off soon, they help when I have to go down a muddy path we have.

rdust said:
Here are a couple picture I'm sure Dennis will enjoy! I had a small stack of rounds to split so I busted them up today. I split vertical today since my lower back has been bothering me. It actually went pretty good! I backed the splitter up along side of the stacked rounds and just moved the splitter as I ran out of rounds to pull down. I may just adopt this method moving forward. :lol:

Looks just like my set-up....Took the chains off Sunday. Same splitter aswell.

I'll also be going vertical this weekend.....lady had a HUGE sycamore felled and cut trunk into apprx 24" length rounds. Have not measured them yet but I'm guessing the diameter of them is around 3.5 ft!..I hate noodling so I'll take the splitter over for its first vertical adventure.

Bob, that sounds like a real wrestling match this weekend. Be careful.

firefighterjake said:

I can only do vertical splitting, I mostly use an axe......... ;-)

And I liked those pictures too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.