Making your own Windsheild washing fluid??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fire_N_ice

Aug 27, 2007
Monmouth County, NJ
Any recipes you want to share? I was in Kmart last night, preping for this storm a little. I had a conversation with a person who used to drive an 18-wheeler throughout the Buffalo area and he had mentioned using denatured alcohol with water. However our conversation ended and I don't know what the formula is. I don't know how much is too much or too little. Any help would be appreciated.

If you're driving as much as he was it's probably not a bad idea. But at the speed I go through it, the alcohol would have long since evaporated leaving water. My guess is since they leave them idleing all night, the fluid won't freeze either.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.