Manly man saw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry in OK

Oct 31, 2011
NE Oklahoma
Saw this monster at a show this afternoon.
One of those tools that will either make a man out of you or make you wish you were one.

010-2.jpg

Reactions: smokinj
Wow. Can you guess at the size and weight of the beast?

Old gear drive Homelite maybe? Dont look like a Disston from what I can see...

I already know that, beyond any doubt, I am a man. I've nothing more to prove to anyone. I want nothing to do with that machine whatsoever...even if one of you guys volunteered for that third handle on the far end to help me get the beast into position. :rolleyes:

I think Thistle has it right, old Homey. I helped a guy fix a bar on one of those monsters once. As a reward, I got to run the "guts" end of it at a show while he ran the "glory" end. That was a little before anti vibe, & muffler technology had been thought of. Saw weighed somewhere north of 40 lbs. I think. 3/4 pitch chain that weighed about as much as my 192t, 48" bar that weighed in @ about what my 026 is, & the power head weighed about as much as a small 4 cyl engine. It was all fun till my teeth shook loose, & my ears started to bleed.:eek: I would not want to work one of those monsters all day. A C

Reactions: Realstone
Motor doesn't look like a homelite to me. Too boxy. I'm not as familiar with their pre wwII stuff though.

Got a couple of more picss of the monster today.

044.jpg

045.jpg

Mall!! For long as I remember a local saw & tool sharpening shop had a 6ft Mall bar w/roller nose & 3/4 pitch chain hanging on east wall behind the counter.I knew the owner & 2 of the managers working there.Asked them a couple times if they'd ever sell it..... Nope.After over 30 yrs they moved to a new location about 5 yrs ago,I havent been there yet to see if they still have it....

Looks like an old cast iron Kohler for an engine (not really, but looks it). Its probably pretty light...under 100lbs for sure...:p

Status
Not open for further replies.