MARCELLA STOVE WONT STOP CLEANING GRATE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ALMARCELLA

Oct 6, 2021
NH
In the last year I have replaced both fans, the door gasket, baffle, and now when I try to power up and start the stove it goes into cleaning grate and will not stop, it will run and run unless I unplug the unit. I have tried to press the start button to get it going and it says wait for start up. The stove has not been used this year so it is not hot. Could a sensor be bad or something like this? HELP

Sounds to me like your control board is suffering from a brain fart. I presume you kept it plugged in all summer and it was always plugged into a surge suppressor? Time to get a new board I'd say, unless you are real adept in fixing one.

Sumer time electrical storms (thunder storms) can really play havoc with the control board, especially if not plugged into a surge suppressor like a Tripp-Lite outlet mounted unit and is your outlet the stove plugs into properly grounded?

Sounds to me like your control board is suffering from a brain fart. I presume you kept it plugged in all summer and it was always plugged into a surge suppressor? Time to get a new board I'd say, unless you are real adept in fixing one.

Sumer time electrical storms (thunder storms) can really play havoc with the control board, especially if not plugged into a surge suppressor like a Tripp-Lite outlet mounted unit and is your outlet the stove plugs into properly grounded?
It was not plugged in all summer. We make a point to disconnect it when we are finished using it. When it was first started it had a tank temp failure and went to cleaning grate and now this is all it does which is why I was thinking a sensor. You should be able to start it from cleaning grate but it says wait for start up which I think means the stove thinks it is too hot to safely run.

Is it on a remote thermostat and if it is and you didn't disconnect it, the thermostat wires can also fry the board if there was a nearby lightening strike.

Got me then but I still believe the control board had a brain fart. Nothing lasts forever.