Mass member who was looking for a new saw..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, thats an amazing price considering they retail for $860. I think I'm that Mass guy you were talking about....too bad $350 is out of my price range right now. I had planned on going with a factory reconditioned Husqvarna 445 from VMInnovations.com.

Damn... just got burned. Picked up the phone to call the guy and wife peeked at the laptop. She calmly informed me that if that Husky comes home, it'd better have a nice Coach purse accompanying it.

(and then she pretty much shot down the entire plan anyway)

Exmasonite- probably to late, but I'd make the call. The "new" saw will save you money. Easier on your shoulders than your 066- get more work done. More power than the 260= increased production. Great price and positive re-sale value if it doesn't work out. The increased productivity with the new saw outweighs the projected propane usage, hence a money saving venture. The money saved could go towards the purchase of a nice, new, Coach purse for the wife (if she wants to accept something sooo selfish). Lots of angles to work on- ;-)

Probably me you're thinking of, appreciate the lead. Be nice to know why the saw is so cheap...old, beat up, fool owner...great if its the last option.

Sadly I had to buy a new kitchen stove, new mailbox and post and had to do an emergency caliper replacement on my wife's Audi...all in the last 10 days. I'd be all over this saw like Oprah on a ham if I weren't an extra $1000 down right now...not sure what I've got to spend on a new saw now, which is too bad because I'm about to get into sprinting cutting season.

I'll keep my money in my pocket and jump when I find something I cna afford. Got some stuff on Ebay and Craigslist now to help try and cover the shortage and get a decent saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.