Maxim 250 Pellet Furnace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hotpellet

May 22, 2009
Has anyone had an experience with the Maxim 250? Is the maxim the pellet boiler of choice? or are the overseas boilers more advanced. Any comments or thoughts would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

hotpellet said:
Has anyone had an experience with the Maxim 250? Is the maxim the pellet boiler of choice? or are the overseas boilers more advanced. Any comments or thoughts would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

No personal experience, but if you use the search you will find several threads of people having various problems with their Maxim's - it might be the number of units they sell, but it seems to me like I see more complaints about CB units than any of the other brands that are still in business...

I would expect the euroboilers to be better quality, but even they aren't trouble free - when I was talking with EKO up at the ME Woodsman show, I was told that they had stopped selling their pellet units temporarily as they were finding them problematic - apparently there is a slight difference in the specs for EU pellets vs USA made pellets, and it is just enough to cause problems... I don't know more details as it was just something that came up in passing, and I was more interested in cordwood...

Gooserider

I've seen several messages with Maxim problems but most seem to be with the 175 and when burning pellets.

I also have noticed that many owners prefer corn over pellets because of creosote buildup.

I think many of both sets of problems are with the pellet quality.

I began selling the Maxim 250 several months ago and burned O'malley pellets which I also sell. I have had no creosote problems no jams ... no problems whatsoever

with my 250

I started burning corn about a week ago (so I would have experience with both fuels) just for hot water for 4-5 people and the roasted corn smell is new but I prefer the pellets at this point.

I have tried to help several people on the forum resolve their stove issues but none as of yet will even give me their stove settings so that I could set mine the same

and check them out

I've heard the complaints I want to help but seems to be no interest from the person(s) supposedly having a problem

I am a Central Boiler dealer in Virginia

Hope this helps

Dale

Thanks for the feedback. I have seen the past post regarding the maxims. The issues seem to be pretty isolated, but there seems like there are still issues. I know the 250 is the only unit sold now and most issues are with the 175, I guess thats why they did away with the 175.

Status
Not open for further replies.