MaXimum pellets??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
love the reaction on peoples faces at the Limerick market when they find worms in the cheese fridge :)

We get that around here too. They usually stay in the container.;)

Fallon's Home and Hearth in Hampton carry the Maximum's, also. $269/T.

Lettin the Vermont's run dry, then gonna throw them in this afternoon.

Never heard any info on how they burned. Anyone try them?
Oddly enough, there are two threads working right now regarding this MaXimum Pellet and not one reply or post as to how they burn. Seeing an actual review of this pellet may be drawing a bigger anticipation than when Geraldo Rivera opened Al Capones vault on live TV!

Reactions: Utilitrack
I picked up one bag today to try. Burning Green Teams right now to see what the ash is like. Maybe I'll throw the Maximums in next. I also picked up (5) bags of Cubex, (2) bags of McFeeters and (10) bags of Vermonts. I burned a bag of Ambiance the other night.....they were CLINKERIFIC! I had a clinker all the way around the bottom of the burnpot, like a big clinker donut. A lot of fines, too.

Oddly enough, there are two threads working right now regarding this MaXimum Pellet and not one reply or post as to how they burn. Seeing an actual review of this pellet may be drawing a bigger anticipation than when Geraldo Rivera opened Al Capones vault on live TV!

Yeah, and we all remember how that turned out......:)

Any update on these? I picked up 3 bags of these on Tuesday, burned first one through last night, but still had some of that crap that wouldn't burn worth a dang in there. Woke up to the stove off due to backup. Didn't bother with it this morning. I'll do a full clean on her tonight, and try again. Mind you, this stove is VERY finicky, and I'm searching for a pellet she'll actually burn.

I burned the white bagged Made in Maine pellets last year, and just burned through the last of it last month. The made in Maine pellets I could burn for 3 days between cleanings, I haven't been able to find anything I can get more than a day and a half burn out of before the pot fills up and wont burn. (Green teams wouldn't last more than 12-15 hours) Haven't been able to locate the made in maine ones yet this year. Tractor supply & wal-mart had them last year. The guy at tractor supply told me that the TSC branded bags were the same thing, just in their brand bags, but this stove wouldn't even stay on with those pellets. It kept shutting down every 20 minutes. I think they weren't getting the stove hot enough for it to stay on. Luckily my other pellet stove doesn't shut down when the pot overflows, the pile just gets bigger. So I can keep these burning in that one.

I bought a ton of green team, and wished I didn't. trying to find a better pellet now. (I may replace this stove for next winter, it's an avalon circa 1993, so she's getting there)

Anyone have suggestions on a brand to try? I'm trying to grab 3-4 bags of different stuff to burn through her, but not having much luck. :( Ironically, I bought the ton of green team after testing 5 bags through it, and they didn't do bad, but the bags I got in the ton of them sucked.

Apparently everyone who burnt these and were gonna report back, lost all contact to the world. Must be a Bermuda triangle thing. BEWARE!!

I have been burning them for a while now. Was using the regular LG softies.
Softies burned good, but I would get a few clinkers occasionally, nothing huge, maybe marble size,
broke apart real easy.
Have not had one clinker with the Maximums.. Not a huge difference in heat, but a little cleaner.
What I have noticed since hooking up here, is that there are so many variations of stoves
and settings, that one man's treasure, is another man's poke...
With the type of stove I have in the shop, what some would call a dumb stove,
because it does not make any adjustments for pellet quality, it pushes the same amount
of fuel and air through, all of the time. so you can actually see how good a pellet performs,
on it's own.
Some brands that people rag on, burn very well in these stoves.
That's really the bottom line. How the thing performs for the exact same amount of fuel..

Dan

Just to report on last nights burn. Cleaned the stove, and fired her up around 7pm. Woke up this morning, and had a little buildup in the pot, but no backup, and was still burning nice & hot. But, with temps in the 40's today, I didn't need both stoves going. So I shut it down, and will clean her tonight and refire, then clean my other stove.

I think I can get a solid 2 day burn out of these. Better than anything else I've found so far.

Last night was also on the warm side. My bedroom with both stoves on last night got up to 66, it's usually around 60,where I prefer. I just put a hold on one ton of these, and will pickup tomorrow. Finding pellets are kinda hard right now, and I think 1 more ton just might get me through to no heat season.

A friend with a stove was actually buying his wife a new vacuum (I need to make contact today to see if he is still alive)

Madam DeFarge would not take kindly to such a gift.

Status
Not open for further replies.