Maybe a Progress

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doug60

Apr 30, 2008
north jersey
Im thinking about selling my Equinox for 2800.00.
I like the look of the new Progress hybrid.
Any thoughts about selling price & comments about the Progress.
The Equinox has been a great stove, super simple to use. Easy to control heat output.
The only thing is I have a 8 inch flue. The progress only requires a 6.
Do you think that will be a problem?
Also I am using a outside air kit on the Equinox . I really like the idea of outside air to feed the stove , is there a kit available for the Progress?
thanks ,doug

Why are you selling the EQ? Too much stove for your space?

Why are you selling the EQ? Too much stove for your space?
I have no good reason for wanting to change . I find the Equinox very easy to manage. And thats what I will probably miss about it.
Not alot of moving parts to fail.
I have been burning since 89 & have been through 4 stoves , the EQ being the first EPA stove. My home is a 28 X 52 ft bi level with the stove in the family room on the lower level. I have never felt it was to much stove for my needs. I havent burned any oil in 4 or 5 years.
My last stove was a 77 defiant & it did a fair job as well.
NO reason for the change other than change. For me looking at a new stove for next year is like being a kid waiting for Christmas.

Just sit back and enjoy that EQ while they get the kinks worked out of the Progress.

Reactions: Mt Ski Bum and zap
You no doubt would be very happy with the Progress but at the same time, it is a bit difficult for me to have someone who is happy with their present stove to want another to replace it. For sure the Equinox is a good stove. But if you have your heart set on it, best get one ordered soon before the price does shoot up.

Status
Not open for further replies.