Menards pellet sale..........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Al in MN

Nov 15, 2008
northern MN
$3.95 a bag they have Indeck Energy hardwood and Marth in the whith bags .how good are there and who has burned them??
Thanks Al

from wut i understand it’s hit and miss wit marth as they buy their raw material anywhere they can get ahold of it.
varies batch to batch-year to year
i burned their white bag hardwoods this year and didnt like them.

Lots of ash with the Marth hardwoods... the softwoods are a bit better but not as good as the Eurekas/Uncle Jed's or Bear Mountains I've used.

Any one burn the Indeck energy made in Ladysmith WI.??
Have Afton Bay stove

Yep, just went thru 10 bags. Good heat, but a lot of ash, I'd be surprised if they make the 'premium' grade on the bag. That said, that rating deal is a bunch of BS IMHO. Where in MN Al?

Near Park Rapids 175 miles north west of cities.

Burning my first ton of Indeck. Like them alot except for high amount of ash, that being said they do burn long and hot, had to open the air intake more compared to the Lumberjacks I had been burning. My Rating so far.

1) Uncle Jeds (high cost though)
2) Indeck
3) LumberJack
4) Fuel King
5) Marth

The first two had the best consistency for size and not too many longer ones. My Breckwell is sensitive to the pellet length. The Fuel Kings were not that bad but had high amounts of fines, most likely because of shipping from Iowa to northern WI.

I burned about a half ton in December of the Indeck pellets and thought they were very good. They kept the glass cleaner than others
and had good heat. The ash is like the others I've tried. ( I clean the burnpot and the ashpan daily) I have 3/4 ton of these now and will
burn them at the end of the season. 1/2 ton Eco-Flame and 3/4 ton Wood Fibers Inc. are my other stock. I would buy the Indeck at the
$3.97 a bag to supplement my supply, ( and will because they are on sale this week).

Status
Not open for further replies.