meridian burn off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

corkman

Minister of Fire
Dec 3, 2009
SE,Mass
hi all.with the cooler weather we had a few days ago, i went ahead with my first burn and all went well.i had the install inspected and all was up to par so i couldn't wait to see it up and running. i love the stove and on setting 3 it kicked off some serious heat.the only thing i'm not too clear on is the air setting but i'm sure i'll get a better grasp on that when the new burning season rolls around.in one off the pics below you'll see i took a pic with the door open and you can see the shoot which feeds the pellets to the fire.if you look below that you will see a small hole and a hex screw.this hole is open to the burn area when the stove is in operation and i was wondering what it is for.my guess is that it has something to do with helping keep the glass clean but i'm not sure.my concern of course is an air leak while the stove is running but the hole is ther for a reason and i'm just not sure why.i did call my dealer and they didn't know what it was for.
the stove is now all cleaned out and i was able to disconnect my outside vent and put a fernco cap to seal it up for the summer.
so i hope you all have a great summer and thank you all so much for your help

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 297
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 314
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 298
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 306
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 368
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 305
Looks great Cork......enjoy the heat! (when it gets cold...LOL).

As for the hole, I think it's for you to put the tube from a magnahelic gauge in to set the air control. I see a hole like that in the meridian "Technical Manual" on the Enviro website, P. 27

Hope this helps.

Have a great summer!!!

in one off the pics below you’ll see i took a pic with the door open and you can see the shoot which feeds the pellets to the fire.if you look below that you will see a small hole and a hex screw.this hole is open to the burn area when the stove is in operation and i was wondering what it is for.my guess is that it has something to do with helping keep the glass clean but i’m not sure.my concern of course is an air leak while the stove is running but the hole is ther for a reason and i’m just not sure why.i did call my dealer and they didn’t know what it was for.

Pretty scary that the dealer hadn't a clue about that hole!

Master of Smoke said:

I agree. Doesn't bode well for Corkman in the future if he has any kind of problem. :eek:hh:

imacman said:
Master of Smoke said:

I agree. Doesn't bode well for Corkman in the future if he has any kind of problem. :eek:hh:

Well at least he has his fellow members to keep things in order!

Nice looking setup corkman! Enjoy the new toy!

i wasn't expecting much out of my dealer to be honest.i got a $3000 stove for $1960(new in box) as they are on the verge of going out of business.lady lost her hubby a short time ago and she wants out.with the cash i saved and the wealth of knowledge on this site i think i'll be fine. i think i know enough to get by and if not,a fellow member here is a service guy who is only a call away.happy summer to you all and looking forward to the next burn season.

Status
Not open for further replies.