metal fab?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spadafore

Sep 4, 2008
northwest ohio
Has anyone had any experiance with metal fab products. Their lead time is only 48 hours with 100% garentee on anything under 12" dia. Sounds unbelievable. I've been waiting 2 months on simpson. Any help would be appreciated.

Yes!

Metal Fab is a good company out of Wichita, Kansas. Their products tend to be a bit heavy compared to Supervent brand. They usually have 2 inches of mineral wool packing instead of one as compared to Supervent. Metal Fab does not have their products organized in kits so you have to go over the parts list several time to be sure to get everything you need. I had to go back and get a stove adapter.

As to their market credibility, their products are carried by our local Locke Supply stores, all the locally operated lumber yards, and used by the reputable home builders in my area.

Their products do seem to cost a tad more than SuperVent and you will not hear about their usage as much on this forum, but I did not hesitate using Metal Fab products in my mother's house.

PM me if you have any questions. I know people that can find an answer for us.

I called a venting pipe company who sells metal fab products. He was going to call Metal fab to see if what I needed they had on hand in stock. It would be a huge surprise if they had everything in stock, but if they do I wish I would have stumbled on to them 2 months ago, as I used to be a man with a stove and no wood. Now a man with 3 cords of wood and no stove installed.Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.