micore 300 in colorado

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdrcr56

Sep 8, 2006
Does anyone know where I can find the elusive micore 300 in colo. I have a hearthstone homestead and want to build the hearth pad with two layers of micore and two layers of durock in alternating layers. Oh yeah I should narrow that down to the Denver, Ft. collins area. If I cant find micore could I stack 5 sheets of gypsum and 1 durock with tile on that.

Sorry about that,I went to the USG micore site and checked their distributor list and that one was not on it. All the places they had listed didn't show micore 300 as being carried?

i have no idea, i just googled micore 300. if you find it there let me know, i will post the info in the showroom

When we built the hearth for our Hearthstone Phoenix in Feb. we just needed one sheet of Micore 300, so I am surprised you need two. But anyway, we couldn't find anywhere locally that officially sold it to consumers. However, our fireplace store that was selling us the stove and installing it agreed to sell us a sheet of their Micore. They build hearths for lots of people, so they had it and said we could buy it from them. It was about $50 for a 4 x 8 ft. sheet. So ask your local fireplace/woodstove stores if they will sell you a sheet or two. Most anyplace that builds a lot of hearths would probably have some.

Marcia

WESTERN INTERIOR SUPPLY INC.
450 BRYANT STREET
DENVER, Colorado
Phone: 303-893-2222
Fax: 303-893-6776

Yo, i just talked to your BIL Bruce. Small world. I have done lots of work for him in the past. I gave him the same info i posted here. Good luck with the pad.

Status
Not open for further replies.