milled timbers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mecreature

Minister of Fire
Dec 16, 2010
indiana
I went to the local lumber yard today to get some 5/4 walnut lengths. I always go to the back room to see what they have just layin around. I cannot believe the prices they are asking for this stuff. He says he will get it.

I can see you making your money back pretty quick on one of those beast of a saw and a mill.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 242
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 250
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 247
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 241
Yea I have 10 nice black walnut slabs..... ;-)

He don't really push the stuff. walk up business. Pretty cool group of people.
The Master wood worker is a chic too.

I have bought mahogany, teak and jatoba from him for boat building. pricey stuff

but these big slabs...man o man.

mecreature said:
He don't really push the stuff. walk up business. Pretty cool group of people.
The Master wood worker is a chic too.

I have bought mahogany, teak and jatoba from him for boat building. pricey stuff

but these big slabs...man o man.

Just think about shipping one of those bad boys...I have had shipping north of 350.00 before.

Man, I need to get me a mill. I've got some monster walnut trees that could pay for it.

Danno77 said:
Man, I need to get me a mill. I've got some monster walnut trees that could pay for it.

That would be the tree to pay it off with! ;-)

First tree I milled was 2 yrs standing dead big Red Elm in spring 1993 more than paid for the mill.Even compared to what local sawmills were charging for #1 Common rough sawn air dried at the time.Roughly 200+ board feet,a bunch of short thick blocks for woodturning & almost 5 p/u loads of fuel from the tops & branches.

Status
Not open for further replies.